High School Football Team in Michigan Stops Child Abduction Near Practice Field

This is a discussion on High School Football Team in Michigan Stops Child Abduction Near Practice Field within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Y! SPORTS Seems all the news that comes out of the Detroit area is bad these days. Here's some good news. Summary: Football team sees, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By IndianaSig
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: High School Football Team in Michigan Stops Child Abduction Near Practice Field

High School Football Team in Michigan Stops Child Abduction Near Practice Field

Y! SPORTS

Seems all the news that comes out of the Detroit area is bad these days. Here's some good news.

Summary: Football team sees, hears kid yelling for help. They go to the scene, get between the BG and the kid, BG flees, players get his license plate number and description, call the cops, they arrest the BG. Win for everyone.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Fenton is a long way from Detroit like 60 miles,hardly the big city scene. But still a good thing.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Y! SPORTS

Seems all the news that comes out of the Detroit area is bad these days. Here's some good news.

Summary: Football team sees, hears kid yelling for help. They go to the scene, get between the BG and the kid, BG flees, players get his license plate number and description, call the cops, they arrest the BG. Win for everyone.
    Good. They Acted, not dithered waiting for someone else to help first.

VIP Member
    Good for the football players! This will stay with them forever.

I'm very suspicious of a 45 year old man with a van who "just wanted to play catch" with that kid.
    Right..
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Good for the football players! This will stay with them forever.

I'm very suspicious of a 45 year old man with a van who "just wanted to play catch" with that kid.
    Right..
    You know, its hard to say. Being 45 and driving a van doesn't automatically make you a predator. The kid was playing by himself, and its not completely ridiculous to think that a grown man would actually want to throw a ball around.

But, I'm sure that there was more that made the kid scared than a simple "Hey buddy, wanna play catch?".

But still...people are quick to say van = sexual predator. But hey, I drive a van. And I ain't no sexual predator. I just have 3 kids.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    You know, its hard to say. Being 45 and driving a van doesn't automatically make you a predator. The kid was playing by himself, and its not completely ridiculous to think that a grown man would actually want to throw a ball around.

But, I'm sure that there was more that made the kid scared than a simple "Hey buddy, wanna play catch?".

But still...people are quick to say van = sexual predator. But hey, I drive a van. And I ain't no sexual predator. I just have 3 kids.
    I wonder if it was a panel van or a passenger van?

I know every guy who drives a van isn't a sexual predator, but I'm still suspicious of this guy. Any 45 year old, in this day and age, should know better to stop his van, get out and approach a young boy who is alone, even if he does just want to play ball.

Great excuse too...he "just wanted to play ball". My BS meter arrow is all the way to the right.
    IndianaSig likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links