Can You Tell The Difference Between Modern Art And Paintings By Toddlers?

This is a discussion on Can You Tell The Difference Between Modern Art And Paintings By Toddlers? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; QUIZ: Can You Tell The Difference Between Modern Art And Paintings By Toddlers I could never understand the whole idea behind modern art...now I know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Can You Tell The Difference Between Modern Art And Paintings By Toddlers?

Can You Tell The Difference Between Modern Art And Paintings By Toddlers?

QUIZ: Can You Tell The Difference Between Modern Art And Paintings By Toddlers

I could never understand the whole idea behind modern art...now I know why!
    DJC7 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

7 out of 11. Am i a genius or a fool?
    pittypat21 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

9 out of 11! I generally liked the toddler art a lot more than the modern art.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

4 out of 11. Sad the ones I picked for toddlers that were "modern art".
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

6 out of 11, although I don't consider any of them art.

I just clicked "modern art" for them all. It turns out the ones I liked the most were done by toddlers. I'd actually drop some coin for #7.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    It turns out the ones I liked the most were done by toddlers. I'd actually drop some coin for #7.
    Yeah, with one exception I thought the toddler paintings were a lot better also! Now they need to do one with "Accomplished artists vs. Monkeys"..........or maybe they did that one already.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I got 5, even though I tried real hard.

7 out of 11. I liked Number 6. It's the only one that actually looked like art, to me. The rest looked like "I can't paint, but if you don't understand this piece, I'll just call you uncultured".
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    5 right.

Seriously, look at #10 and tell me that wasn't done by a toddler.

I have a big box in the basement full of "art" from when my kids were little. I bet there's a gold mine down there!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I can see it now, drug addicts everywhere raiding kindergarten dumpsters in hopes of becoming an art tycoon.
    DJC7 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Deleted - double-post

I got 8! if you guys want a laugh at pretentious sham art, check out the film "Exit Through the Gift Shop."

Toddlers are more talented.

Good Story

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    QUIZ: Can You Tell The Difference Between Modern Art And Paintings By Toddlers

I could never understand the whole idea behind modern art...now I know why!
    If it's an artistic painter and not a hack, sure I can tell the difference, one has artistry, one is random. I like the in-between styles: Impressionism and off-shoots of it,
    Van Gogh, early more figurative Picasso - like that. Purely abstract art is a bit interesting sometimes but not for long for me and mostly leaves me cold and I know little about it.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Good Story:

Not too many years ago, a friend who was an actress but had got out of it and for awhile was a ticket-taker at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, heralded throughout the world, got together at the Met after a long time without seeing each other. Get this, by slowly advancing at the Met, she had become the Director of Photography! Those photographers shoot photos of every work of Art at the Met. They also design the wonderful and collectible posters of the many world-renowned shows the Met has, some famous: like the King Tut Exhibition 30 years back. She had an incredibly known position in the Art Curator world.

She took me way up to her Dept,, above the main ceiling of the atrium of the Met. Showing me around, $50,000 cameras all over the place, on the way to show me something she had to stop in a room and get something. It was one of the photographic studios where a photographer had just finished a shoot of some paintings.

As I was waiting for her getting what she needed from a cabinet, I noticed a sole painting, sitting on the floor propped up against a wall, unframed, a broom and dust pan nearby it. My friend was done and we started to leave but I was captured by something about that painting, like something about it was familiar but obviously I had never seen it before, just a forlorn looking stray painting, like the photographer had shot a friends painting as a favor.

I suddenly had a flash and said slowly: "What is that? MY GOD!......IS...THAT..... A ........?"

She finished my sentence as we left: "A Van Gogh, yeah...let's get outta here" and sauntered out of the room. A VAN GOGH! SITTING ON THE FLOOR UNFRAMED NEXT TO A BROOM! Not one of his major works but STILL, MY GOD! THE VALUE!! ARTISTIC AND MONETARY!!

I said: "You leave them sitting on the FLOOR!" And asked if I could take it with me when I left as a memento of my visit.

She said: "I don't think so Jerry, we kind of like it staying here A LOT".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links