PS3 theft and reprocussions/Police shoot teen {Merged Threads}

This is a discussion on PS3 theft and reprocussions/Police shoot teen {Merged Threads} within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,234178,00.html I am not trying to start a debate about how warrants are supposed to be handled by the police. But I would like some ...

Thread: PS3 theft and reprocussions/Police shoot teen {Merged Threads}

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,234178,00.html

I am not trying to start a debate about how warrants are supposed to be handled by the police. But I would like some input from wiser (older) members than myself on this. Now I for one do not play video games, I find that my money is better spent shooting real weapons and real bullets. But did this type of absurd thing ever happen in preivous generations? "Let's wait in line for 3 days to pay an extremely high amount for some "thing", and then BG's say, screw waiting in line, lets just jump em, over something as trivial as a gaming console? To that degree, has shopping for Christmas always been as awful an experience as it is now (I don't go near a mall in December if I can help it.)? I don't know, sometimes I get aggrivated by the materialism expresses by my peers, and this is more an expression of that than anything. Anyone else have this stuff get under their skin or is it just me?

Those police are probably also in for a huge manure storm no matter what the kid did to get shot, with the kid being the only son of a lawyer. I'm gonna step off my soapbox now, but man some of this stuff gets under my skin.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I'm not particularly old or wise, but this I can tell you: for a little more money than what people are paying for this game console, you can build a PC whose performance will rival that of the PS3. Plus you can use it for a whole bunch of things that you can't do with a PS3. Therefore I've never been a fan of purchasing something so expensive that has limited use, limited upgradability, and unlimited ability to become obsolete by next Christmas.

Look, it's not any more greed or materialism than in years past. People are earning more, and can afford more expensive things. Personally, I can't stand in line for three days to get something that will be widely available in 3 months. A super rare gun? Maybe, but not a game console.

But it sounds like this kid got his tit in a wringer when he decided to commit armed robbery. That's a bit more serious than lifting a Mars Bar from the corner gas station. Did he deserve to get shot over it? We can only hope that a fair investigation will find out for sure.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Post PS3 theft and reprocussions

Story here

Note that even though the dead robbery suspect -- who BEAT his victim to the ground to steal his two Playstation 3s -- is age 18, he is referred to by the story as "a teen," and by the sheriff as "this BOY"! What the hell?! He's an adult, there is no question about whether he would have been tried as one, and yet they make him seem like a victim, and like a child. Liberal madness run amok.

I'm glad he's dead. He beat a guy in a robbery, to obtain a video game system that he should have just gone out and paid for, himself! He is not the kind of person who deserves to live among human society.

Peacefuljeffrey...

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Story here

Note that even though the dead robbery suspect -- who BEAT his victim to the ground to steal his two Playstation 3s -- is age 18, he is referred to by the story as "a teen," and by the sheriff as "this BOY"! What the hell?! He's an adult, there is no question about whether he would have been tried as one, and yet they make him seem like a victim, and like a child. Liberal madness run amok.

I'm glad he's dead. He beat a guy in a robbery, to obtain a video game system that he should have just gone out and paid for, himself! He is not the kind of person who deserves to live among human society.
    I'm really confused with some of your posts...
    You never tell us how you REALLY feel...

But, I also agree, this was an adult doing an adult crime...and paid an adult price!
    He is no different than a bank robber, a home invader, a common street thug, he is not a 'boy'.

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    But did this type of absurd thing ever happen in preivous generations? "Let's wait in line for 3 days to pay an extremely high amount for some "thing", and then BG's say, screw waiting in line, lets just jump em, over something as trivial as a gaming console?

I think we are seeing a huge onslaught of amoral, unethical, antisocial "kids" grow up and come into their own, criminally. They're demented. Their minds are totally out of whack in terms of what is important in life. I am having trouble finding the right words to describe what I have been observing. "No rational perspective" comes to mind. Their sense is distorted. They think that the most important things in life are their appearance (hence they shell out for ridiculously overpriced "status" clothes); their wealth (hence they are willing to steal to get rich); and their "respect" and "reputation" (hence they demand respect that they have never even attempted to actually earn).

When you watch movies like "The Road Warrior" or "Class of 1999," you see what I believe I see in youth of today.

Google the name "Troy Victorino" to find out what people will do over a game console.

Links