Playing Cops and Robbers Gets Kid Suspended

This is a discussion on Playing Cops and Robbers Gets Kid Suspended within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is another article about a boy who got suspended for imagining the wrong object. When are these children going to learn not to imagine ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Playing Cops and Robbers Gets Kid Suspended

Playing Cops and Robbers Gets Kid Suspended

Here is another article about a boy who got suspended for imagining the wrong object.

When are these children going to learn not to imagine things that aren't on the approved imaginary objects list. Thought crimes are here.

This crap bugs the hell out of me.

8-YEAR-OLD FLORIDA BOY SUSPENDED FOR MAKING GUN SHAPE WITH FINGERS: ‘IT WAS A GAME’
    Oct. 1, 2013 8:09am Liz Klimas

A pretend game of cops and robbers landed a Florida elementary school boy with a very real suspension after he made a pretend gun with his thumb and index finger.

The mother of 8-year-old Jordan Bennett said her son was only playing with his friend at Harmony Community School in St. Cloud. She fears his one-day suspension, which was handed down Friday, wrongly labels Jordan as a violent person.

8-Year-Old Florida Boy Suspended for Making Gun Shape With Fingers: ?It Was a Game? | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

I knew it would happen eventually. This country will be a sad place in 10 years with all the wussified children growing into manhood. What kind of men will they be? afraid of guns for the wrong reasons. No incentive to excell because everyone gets the same recognition. Afraid of authority figures who make illogical and arbitrary decisons. Unable to physicaly compete because they need an electronic tether to their phone device, making all decisions based on how many people on facebook approve.... Stuff like this makes me glad I'm old.

This is such crap. I would move my kid immediately out of the school. This crap is ridiculous. I can understand asking the child to not do it, fine, but a suspension? Someone needs to get their wussified rear end whooped.
    1MoreGoodGuy and 357and40 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

This is intolerable school officials need to be respected but these are not worthy of respect. Therefore they should be removed.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Civil suit, each and every time.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Ridiculous. So glad our kids are grown. I'd have to build a 6' fence around my yard and home school these days, so I could let them play cops and robbers, shoot bb guns at targets, and the like. Our local schools aren't any better than this example.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I knew it would happen eventually. This country will be a sad place in 10 years with all the wussified children growing into male adults. What kind of men will they be? afraid of guns for the wrong reasons. No incentive to excell because everyone gets the same recognition. Afraid of authority figures who make illogical and arbitrary decisons. Unable to physicaly compete because they need an electronic tether to their phone device, making all decisions based on how many people on facebook approve.... Stuff like this makes me glad I'm old.
    Fixed it for you. Kind of hard to call these people men.

Quote Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
    Ridiculous. So glad our kids are grown. I'd have to build a 6' fence around my yard and home school these days, so I could let them play cops and robbers, shoot bb guns at targets, and the like. Our local schools aren't any better than this example.
    Public "schools" are no longer really schools in the real meaning of that term. They have become indoctrination stations teaching kids what to think, not how to think. The are sorely afraid that the kids may actually learn how to think. If they do, its game on.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Civil suit, each and every time.
    This is what it really comes down to. The problem is that not everyone has the means or the temerity to fight it.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I am really starting to fear that it is going to take some sort of civil war to get our country back to what it once was.
    1MoreGoodGuy and knight65 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I knew it would happen eventually. This country will be a sad place in 10 years with all the wussified children growing into bigger wussified children in adult bodies. What kind of men will they be? afraid of guns for the wrong reasons. No incentive to excell because everyone gets the same recognition. Afraid of authority figures who make illogical and arbitrary decisons. Unable to physicaly compete because they need an electronic tether to their phone device, making all decisions based on how many people on facebook approve.... Stuff like this makes me glad I'm old.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Fixed it for you. Kind of hard to call these people men.
    There, fixed it for both of you.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

This has to be some kind of a joke, right?
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    This is what it really comes down to. The problem is that not everyone has the means or the temerity to fight it.
    There is no shortage of lawyers who wouldn't take this (all of these) case(s) for their standard percentages.
    357and40 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    There's goota be some hungery lawyers who would take it on contingency.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    When are these school admistrators going to use their heads for something other than seperating their ears? These idiots rely on a zero tolerance policy so they don't have to use their heads or accept responsibility. Good thing he wasn't my kid, some school system might be bankrupt by the time my lawyer gets through with them.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Lets see. Superintendents are hired by the school board. School board members are elected officials. Ergo, blame the voting public who let their elected officials behave this way. How many St. Cloud residents do you think showed up at the last board meeting?

I'm tired of parents asking me, "What can I do?" when a school decision upsets them. I reply, "when did you last go to a school board meeting?" Never? Either go to one, or stop complaining.

This is the same as people complaining about the nuts running California. You deserve what you voted for. 52% of Americans are to blame for the mess our country is in now.

Detroit is totally lost. Around here, common sense is hanging on by a thread. We keep getting progressive protests, and the university doesn't help. I'm afraid each generation gets suckered into a little more "progress".
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links