Western Governor's University

This is a discussion on Western Governor's University within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good morning all. I am a current college student with a univ. here in my home town. I am going for my Bachelor's in accounting ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Western Governor's University

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar

Western Governor's University

Good morning all.

I am a current college student with a univ. here in my home town. I am going for my Bachelor's in accounting at night since I have to live in a real world and work for a living. And to top it off my school doesn't offer my degree at night so I will have to transfer out at a later date to finish my degree anyway. I am looking at several universities and I found that WGU is the best that I could find that doesn't break the bank. I was curious to see if anyone on this forum has been there or graduated from there. I've read and heard from their representative that the courses are rigorous and it is pretty much self taught.
    Anyone here know anything about it?
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

2. Remove Ads

all accounting programs are NOT created equal. I would opt for a more recognized name to receive your accounting degree. Look for AACSB (American Assemble of Collegiate Schools of Business) accredidation at the minimum for the program. Without it, your degree is pretty worthless. The State of Texas has many very good accounting programs that are AACSB accredited and will afford you in-state tuition. When I lived in Houston, I know there were many that had evening/weekend programs. I don't know of the availability in the Beaumont area. Spend your money wisely and your career will thank you for it. I see so many enrolled in MBA programs from schools with ZERO reputation, and they are throwing their money down the drain.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Links