Primedia is selling to competitor

This is a discussion on Primedia is selling to competitor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The AP reports: NEW YORK Magazine publisher Primedia Inc. is selling its hunting, fishing and outdoor titles, including Guns & Ammo and Game & ...

Thread: Primedia is selling to competitor

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

The AP reports:
    NEW YORK Magazine publisher Primedia Inc. is selling its hunting, fishing and outdoor titles, including Guns & Ammo and Game & Fish, to private equity firm InterMedia Partners LP for $170 million in cash.

The deal announced Thursday includes 17 publications and related Web sites, TV and radio programming and events.

Primedia has sold off a number of its other magazines in recent years, including New York, American Baby, Chicago and Modern Bride.

The investment firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. owns about 60 percent of Primedia. Leo Hindery Jr., a former senior executive in the cable industry, is co-managing partner of InterMedia.

Shares in New York-based Primedia ended unchanged at $1.52 on the New York Stock Exchange.
    According to Michael Bane's blog says that:
    Well, what's really interesting is InterMedia is a part-owner of The Sportsmen's Channel, a competitor to The Outdoor Channel, where most of Primedia's television product resides.
    I guess I've got letters to write because we don't get the Sportsman's channel and I get some good info from some of guns and ammo tv programing.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Dakota,

Thanks for this, My wife works as an assistant for the Regional Manager for a compitetive mag to one that they still have, We are both wondering what will happen next.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Sponsored Links