The Media Needs a Crash Course of Firearms

This is a discussion on The Media Needs a Crash Course of Firearms within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We all know this. The esteemed members of the media need required training in firearms-related knowledge before they can report on them. Just basic stuff ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By pittypat21
  • 6 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By Hatrix
  • 2 Post By pittypat21
  • 1 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Sister

Thread: The Media Needs a Crash Course of Firearms

The Media Needs a Crash Course of Firearms

We all know this. The esteemed members of the media need required training in firearms-related knowledge before they can report on them. Just basic stuff like, "What constitutes a rifle". And "what semi-automatic and fully-automatic mean". "The difference between a Weapon of Mass Destruction and small arms". Things like that.

My wife, who is waiting on some test results at the hospital, is in a waiting room watching CNN. And this, believe it or not, is what she heard from the esteemed members of the press:

"He was carrying what appeared to be an AK-47, but it was just made to look that way. It was actually just a rifle."

Don't worry, it wasn't actually an AK. It was just a rifle. That looked like one. And fired a similar caliber to one. And functioned the same. But it wasn't actually an AK.
    Recon1342, Sister and msgt/ret like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The media needs far more than just a course in firearms.
    84160, phreddy, tdave and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The media needs far more than just a course in firearms.
    Baby steps, OldVet.

Me to Ferrari Dealer: I'll give you $25K for this vehicle. It looks like an Enzo, but it's just a car made to look that way

Ferrari Dealer to me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    msgt/ret and pittypat21 like this.

Distinguished Member
    The media proves their ignorance daily. I think computers have helped the population since they can get more info than just what the msm want's the population to hear.

A bit of OT but still on the media. Why do they all look alike? We got Barbie & Ken, I want to see fat people, walmart people, rednecks, little people, Boston folks (no "R's) and all kinds of people on TV. Getting sick of seeing the same and would seriously like some variety...seriously.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The media proves their ignorance daily. I think computers have helped the population since they can get more info than just what the msm want's the population to hear.

A bit of OT but still on the media. Why do they all look alike? We got Barbie & Ken, I want to see fat people, walmart people, rednecks, little people, Boston folks (no "R's) and all kinds of people on TV. Getting sick of seeing the same and would seriously like some variety...seriously.

Psh. Nobody wants to hear ugly people talk. BRING ON THE BEAUTY!
    DontTreadOnI and Brad426 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar

And who is going to pay attention to those guys?

Watch CNN they have a Barbie a Ken and a fat lady Michelle of course Michelle not allowed on the same side of the table as Barbie and Ken.
    Sister likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Go to the Walmart in Dalton, GA. Everyone there is related--and closely I might add!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The media needs a crash course on journalism...
    OldVet likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    ....y'all have no sense of variety, lol. On the flip side, don't think fat folks would work out doing weather. Even the skinny ones stand on the right side and SC/NC are usually cut off - a fat person would knock out TN too!

Still, would be fun to see circus like people talk about politics. Half man/half woman could do both sides of the political parties and that would save them money of hiring a second person!
    Recon1342 likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Links