Army Vet Banned From Daughters School - Posted Weapon Permit on FB

This is a discussion on Army Vet Banned From Daughters School - Posted Weapon Permit on FB within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, I don't see any reason to post your CHL on Facebook, but, an army vet that did was barred from coming on her daughter's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Army Vet Banned From Daughters School - Posted Weapon Permit on FB

VIP Member

Army Vet Banned From Daughters School - Posted Weapon Permit on FB

OK, I don't see any reason to post your CHL on Facebook, but, an army vet that did was barred from coming on her daughter's school property. I think the vet was ill advised to post the CHL online, but the school principal's actions were "because she was scared" of the vet simply because she was a vet and has a CHL. There is enough stupid to go around in this one.

Army veteran banned from daughter?s school after posting picture of weapons permit, report says | Fox News
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

An Army veteran living in Georgia says she wants an apology from her daughter's former school after being banned from the building for posting a photo of her concealed weapons permit to her Facebook page, WRDW.com reports.
    The bolded part made me smile but I'm otherwise speechless.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

this is just unreal.

Simply pathetic

Distinguished Member
    Mamma always says "Stupid is as stupid does"

United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Got a chuckle from me on that one. Nice one.
    Sister likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I, for one, would like to see a legal opinion on forbidding entry onto public property based solely on a FB posting. I bet a lawyer would smell money.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't have a Facebook page. I can't think of why I would need one. Wouldn't put the stuff making the news on it if I did. That being said with all the people using it without repercussions it must be fairly harmless.
    Sister likes this.

VIP Member
    Reading th comments with the original story, the idiot principal, along with the school board, is getting blasted. It's a shame people like this are in charge of educating....indoctrinating children today.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    That's ridiculous! She was probably excited to have gotten her permit and posted it like some people post pictures of their dinner.

Having a CC permit is LEGAL and posting a picture of it should bring nothing more than an "atta boy" from anyone who sees it.

Next we'll hear that someone is barred from their daughter's school because the Principal heard they have a weapons permit. When will these people understand they don't make the laws and have no right to go outside the law when dealing with parents in the schools.

edited to add that I'm a little shocked to see this story is from Georgia. I always thought that Georgians had more common sense than the average north easterner who might be terrified at the thought of someone possessing a piece of paper.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    That's ridiculous! She was probably excited to have gotten her permit and posted it like some people post pictures of their dinner.

Having a CC permit is LEGAL and posting a picture of it should bring nothing more than an "atta boy" from anyone who sees it.

Next we'll hear that someone is barred from their daughter's school because the Principal heard they have a weapons permit. When will these people understand they don't make the laws and have no right to go outside the law when dealing with parents in the schools.

edited to add that I'm a little shocked to see this story is from Georgia. I always thought that Georgians had more common sense than the average north easterner who might be terrified at the thought of someone possessing a piece of paper.
    How do you know that the Principal is not a displaced yankee? :)
    zonker1986 and rcsoftexas like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    How do you know that the Principal is not a displaced yankee? :)
    I don't. Maybe that's the explaination...although not ALL Yankees are noodle heads, just lots of them.
    OldVet and Sister like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I don't have a Facebook page. I can't think of why I would need one. Wouldn't put the stuff making the news on it if I did. That being said with all the people using it without repercussions it must be fairly harmless.
    It is a prime source of information for my federal agent son, a go-to place. Just saying.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

First I would never post on FB I got my CCl Now it is my opinion that when and WE DO need more security why not hire the most qualified meaning Vets. MY father inlaw is a Marine would would guard a school for free

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    ...although not ALL Yankees are noodle heads, just lots of them.
    Amen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links