Zilmax, it's what's for dinner

Zilmax, it's what's for dinner

This is a discussion on Zilmax, it's what's for dinner within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why are they (whomever they are) allowed to put stuff like this in animals that will end up being eaten? If you read the side ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Zilmax, it's what's for dinner

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member
    Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    1,818

    Thumbs down Zilmax, it's what's for dinner

    Why are they (whomever they are) allowed to put stuff like this in animals that will end up being eaten? If you read the side effects of what it does to cows (as it did to horses) it sounds a lot like the tremors in Parkinson disease.

    Zilmax Causes Serious Side Effects -- Why Still Use It?

    (clip) Tyson Foods announced in September that it would stop buying Zilmax-fed cattle for slaughter due to concerns about Zilmax potentially causing health or behavioral problems for some cattle
    Zilmax is already banned for use in horses due to severe side effects, including muscle tremors and rapid heart rates that can last as long as two weeks after stopping the drug
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

    But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.


    ~ Jesus ~


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array NONAME762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    About 235M out of The Palouse WA
    Posts
    7,931
    Profit margins Sister.

    Like I voted yes in yesterdays Election here. I-522 MONSANTO was against I-522 along with all of the liberal Hearst owned newspapers in my state. So I voted YES!!! Seems MONSANTO IS AGAINST TRUTH IN LABELING in food products. MANSANTO wanted their GENETICALLY ENGINEERED crap in foods SOLD IN WASHINGTON without the Ingredients Listed on the labels.

    Washington state Legislators also had APPROVED 4 NEW TAXES without prior voter approval. (Some years ago an initiative was brought forward to put tax increases in the hands of WA residents to say yay or nay. It was approved by voters by a wide margin.) Well looks like they tried to sneak in 4 new tax increases in the last session. So I voted NO on 4 new tax increases.

    I do not trust mail in ballots anymore for some years now. I would LOVE to see the voting booth come back so long as ID is REQUIRED to vote. NO ID GET LOST. That's it.
    Sister, Betty and gatorbait51 like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array tdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,722
    Don't worry it's not just poison their also selling a whiff of food.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

  4. #4
    Distinguished Member
    Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Don't worry it's not just poison their also selling a whiff of food.
    The FDA needs to be dissolved, along with many more groups that big gov is spending money on. Pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune making Americans sick. Even Aspartame is banned in the UK.

    As usual, follow the money.
    NONAME762 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Matthew 10:33

    But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.


    ~ Jesus ~

  5. #5
    Member Array abigno99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    111
    On a similar FDA related note: Last week, an extended release hydrocodone formulation was struck down by an FDA panel (made up of MD's and PharmD's) by a vote of 11 to 2. This is due to high abuse potential and risk of overdose with an extended release version. The panel vote was overturned by higher ups in the FDA and the drug was approved.

    What the hell is the point of even having an advisory panel of experts if they're votes don't even matter? Some serious problems there, probably not the least of which are money driven.

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array NONAME762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    About 235M out of The Palouse WA
    Posts
    7,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The FDA needs to be dissolved, along with many more groups that big gov is spending money on. Pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune making Americans sick. Even Aspartame is banned in the UK.

    As usual, follow the money.
    The FDA is a RACKET!!! Forty, fifty years ago when me and Sister and OldVet and MSgtRet were growing up the FDA was probably honest. Now days that AIN'T THE CASE!!

    I'm having a spot of Aspartame tea as I type this. I try to avoid Tyson foods too. Tyson thinks they're pretty hot stuff but I have my doubts so I stay away from it. If someone here has verifiable info on them I'll have a listen.

    Well I'm in a super mood and I mean to hang onto it. TY for the Like Sister. BTW everyone the day before Election Day thanks to all of you gettin' LOOPY with the Like button I beat my old record of 22 Likes in 24 hours. The New Record is 31 LIKES!!!!! Yehaaaaa!!!
    gatorbait51 and tdave like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

  7. #7
    Member Array sanfordreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    218
    mail.jpgeat this....
    gatorbait51 and NONAME762 like this.

  8. #8
    Distinguished Member
    Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    1,818
    NONAME here's an article of your state and the vote, congrats to WA state for good voting!

    Washington State Votes YES to GMO Labeling

    Also in the article is good advice about growing your own food, something I have been and learning to do and getting better at each year. Winter gardening in that article too. BTW, google Aspartame - nasty stuff, sugar would be much better for you.

    Companies I avoid because of their non-GMO labeling:

    Welch, Smuckers, General Mills, Campbell, Pepsi-Coke, Del Monte, Kraft, Hershey, LandOLakes, Nestley, Ocean Spray and Bumble Bee.

    I know this sound likes a lot but take this list with me to the store since I do not want to support companies that lie to me about what they are doing to their food just to take my money. So far, no problems finding great food by avoiding theses companies!

    The most rewarding eating is going out to your yard and picking your own food (to me anyway). It is good to spend pennies for seeds or collect your own seeds each year and then plant them. Food companies make a bunch of money from people that don't realize how easy it is to grow your own. If the case of SHTF really does happen the ability to grow your own could be a case of eating or not. Seeds will as valuable as gold.
    gatorbait51 and NONAME762 like this.
    Matthew 10:33

    But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.


    ~ Jesus ~

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    NONAME here's an article of your state and the vote, congrats to WA state for good voting!

    Washington State Votes YES to GMO Labeling

    Also in the article is good advice about growing your own food, something I have been and learning to do and getting better at each year. Winter gardening in that article too. BTW, google Aspartame - nasty stuff, sugar would be much better for you.

    Companies I avoid because of their non-GMO labeling:

    Welch, Smuckers, General Mills, Campbell, Pepsi-Coke, Del Monte, Kraft, Hershey, LandOLakes, Nestley, Ocean Spray and Bumble Bee.

    I know this sound likes a lot but take this list with me to the store since I do not want to support companies that lie to me about what they are doing to their food just to take my money. So far, no problems finding great food by avoiding theses companies!

    The most rewarding eating is going out to your yard and picking your own food (to me anyway). It is good to spend pennies for seeds or collect your own seeds each year and then plant them. Food companies make a bunch of money from people that don't realize how easy it is to grow your own. If the case of SHTF really does happen the ability to grow your own could be a case of eating or not. Seeds will as valuable as gold.
    O' god, now I have to tell the wife not to use the jelly, tell the kids that the cereal is bad, stop eating condensed soup altogether, Throw my diet mountain dew out, veggies to the trash, pizza with the soy cheese, no butter on our toast, no hot chocolate on sunday morning, no cranberry juice ever again, and my tuna will no longer be fit to eat...

    I think I will continue to do things the way I have been doing it. I find a lot of these types of stories to be alarmist in nature. I am not busting on you sister, but eggs were not good for you, then they were good for you. The more the Eco wackos come out, the less interested I am in what they have to say....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    Array Betty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nashville-ish
    Posts
    3,200
    Luckily I haven't had to buy grocery store beef in years. My husband's uncle slaughters an angus every year and we get a portion. Yum yum! Best steaks and burgers on the planet. I know exactly where that beef has been, what it's been fed and what it's not been injected with.

    I'm not as good as you are, Sister, with a list of companies to avoid. But I buy organic chicken and try to get as much organic and non-processed weird ingredient stuff as I can. The kids want their "junky snacks," but they don't know those rabbit-shaped gummies are organic, too. But I admit we have some cans of Campbells and Chef Boyardee. I've been weeding those out. Pacific brand makes some awesome creamy tomato soup that both love.

    By the way, one of my relatives has been a chemical engineer for Monsanto for a looooong time.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

  11. #11
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Well I'm in a super mood and I mean to hang onto it. TY for the Like Sister. BTW everyone the day before Election Day thanks to all of you gettin' LOOPY with the Like button I beat my old record of 22 Likes in 24 hours. The New Record is 31 LIKES!!!!! Yehaaaaa!!!
    Are you keeping a spread sheet?
    gatorbait51 and blitzburgh like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member
    Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    O' god, now I have to tell the wife not to use the jelly, tell the kids that the cereal is bad, stop eating condensed soup altogether, Throw my diet mountain dew out, veggies to the trash, pizza with the soy cheese, no butter on our toast, no hot chocolate on sunday morning, no cranberry juice ever again, and my tuna will no longer be fit to eat...
    What's wrong Mr. Sunshine? (said lovingly ) ok, I do understand. Love Kraft mac and cheese myself. You can always buy other brands though. And never seen you but most Americans are overweight and I can't tell you how much weight people I know (and myself) have lost by giving up sodas!


    @ Betty, awesome on the home grown beef! I don't eat beef myself but if you do then you are going the correct route. It's like eggs, I never knew an egg could be as good as one you get from having a chicken and not with it going through the processing. 100 X's more tasty and they eggs like that make better cakes!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

    But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.


    ~ Jesus ~

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member
    Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Are you keeping a spread sheet?

    Won't matter if he isn't on gatorbaits like list, just say'in
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

    But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.


    ~ Jesus ~

  14. #14
    Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    wasilla alaska
    Posts
    1,350
    If I can't spell it, pronounce it on the labels, I don't eat it.!! Ever try fried pink slime, YUMMY.. Mother nature is the best food mart I've ever been in !!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array CanuckQue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maritimes Canada
    Posts
    1,141
    Well, the good news is that it appears that the side-effects of Zilmax appear to be due to a different mechanism than by which Parkinson's disease is caused.
    "Zilpaterol (zilpaterol hydrochloride) is a beta-adrenergic agonist." (basically, the opposite of 'beta-blockers') and it will hyper-activate a subset of neurons normally triggered by adrenaline. Interestingly, it's bioavailable through the stomach, which means you actually could get it from your food.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

    Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..


Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

zilmax respirator types

Click on a term to search for related topics.