Congresswoman talking about Martial Law?

This is a discussion on Congresswoman talking about Martial Law? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hope this hasn't already been posted. This is the same woman that wondered where the American flag was on Mars She want's martial law now. ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 4 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By Sister

Thread: Congresswoman talking about Martial Law?

Distinguished Member

Hope this hasn't already been posted. This is the same woman that wondered where the American flag was on Mars

She want's martial law now. How do theses people get voted in, she has no business working with the public.

StormRhydr likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Yeah. OK. I didnt like the sound of that.

I mean even if it was a freudian slip, it still aint good.
    Sister likes this.

"Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It's a figure of speech used to refer to a suspension of some House procedural rules.

"Under the martial law procedure, long-standing House rules that require at least one day between the unveiling of significant legislation and the House floor vote on that legislation — so that Members can learn what they are being asked to vote on — are swept away. Instead, under “martial law,” the Leadership can file legislation with tens or hundreds of pages of fine print and move immediately to debate and votes on it, before Members of Congress, the media, or the public have an opportunity to understand fully what provisions have been altered or inserted into the legislation behind closed doors. This is the procedure that the Leadership intends to use to muscle through important bills in the next two days." From Michael Burgess' website, 9/28/08.

U.S. Congressman Michael C. Burgess : 26th District Of Texas
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    She is the same one who went absolutely ballistic when a capitol police officer asked for ID when she tried to bypass a metal detector screaming “Do you know who I am, Do you know who I am”. She needs to join the ranks of the unemployed ineligible for unemployment benefits.
    Sister likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    She is the same one who went absolutely ballistic when a capitol police officer asked for ID when she tried to bypass a metal detector screaming “Do you know who I am, Do you know who I am”. She needs to join the ranks of the unemployed ineligible for unemployment benefits.
    I don't think she's fit to flip burgers. I agree with what you said.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    It's a figure of speech used to refer to a suspension of some House procedural rules.

"Under the martial law procedure, long-standing House rules that require at least one day between the unveiling of significant legislation and the House floor vote on that legislation — so that Members can learn what they are being asked to vote on — are swept away. Instead, under “martial law,” the Leadership can file legislation with tens or hundreds of pages of fine print and move immediately to debate and votes on it, before Members of Congress, the media, or the public have an opportunity to understand fully what provisions have been altered or inserted into the legislation behind closed doors. This is the procedure that the Leadership intends to use to muscle through important bills in the next two days." From Michael Burgess' website, 9/28/08.

U.S. Congressman Michael C. Burgess : 26th District Of Texas
    So that is the same procedure Queen pelosi used to ram obamacare down our throats, we must pass it to see what’s in it (like a stool sample).
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

There has just been too much weird "stuff" ever since 9/11. All kinds of exec orders under both obama & Bush. Heck, the fema camps everyone talks about were actually built under bush.

And honestly, the idea that someone has given the green light for wanting us disarmed, and with no ammo, doesnt give me the warm fuzzies, either.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    So that is the same procedure Queen pelosi used to ram obamacare down our throats, we must pass it to see what’s in it (like a stool sample).
    Now that's hilarious!
    msgt/ret likes this.

~ Jesus ~

Sponsored Links