YouTube

YouTube

This is a discussion on YouTube within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just curious how many others can get lost in YouTube listening to music? A few I have found. Duane Eddy "Rebel Rouser" - YouTube APACHE ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: YouTube

VIP Member
    RichB70, Sister and Black Knight like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

MJK
    I have spent quite a bit of time watching classic films of famous musicians and bands, including such greats as Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, The Andrews Sisters, Cab Calloway, and others.

Take a look at Gene Krupa doing his drum solo on "Sing, Sing, Sing" performed by the Benny Goodman band. And did you know that Cab Calloway, also known as the "Hi De Ho" man, sang "Minnie the Moocher" as backdrop for a Betty Boop cartoon?

You Tube is a great channel for this type of entertainment...my thanks to those who have put forth the effort to find and post these historically important films.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

That's what I'm doing most of the time when at the computer. I watch videos/live performances of music. And of course the Trillions of gun videos, which makes me a fire arm expert!

I have to say that I mainly use it to access lectures in fields that I am interested in. That said, I recently watched Judge Dredd & Skyline there!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

I was told about YouTube several years ago by a fellow musician, a bass guitarist who had found it. I had dial up at that point and it took forever and a day to watch the video.

I have high speed internet now and I make YouTube a big part of my computer routine. There are videos of the musical group that I am in on it.

Here is one with yours truly drumming with my group and singing my original song "Going Down."

Diamond Teeth Mary after jam with Scott Gray - YouTube
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I like YouTube for all the tutorials on it. I learned to correctly prune my Peach tree, put together a gift basket, how to change a watch battery and lots of gun videos.

It's amazing what's on YouTube...in addition to all the video's that start with, "hold my beer and watch me do this..."
    msgt/ret likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Senior Moderator
    I do listen to some good music there

“You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Two of my favorite youtube music videos are; "east carolina girls...best in the world", and "Beach Band - Sweet Beach Music". Please don't tell Mrs. Tutapper.

Distinguished Member
    I enjoy and utilize youtube all the time. Better than a yard sale or flea market, never know what you are gonna get!
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutapper View Post
    Two of my favorite youtube music videos are; "east carolina girls...best in the world", and "Beach Band - Sweet Beach Music". Please don't tell Mrs. Tutapper.

ECU, party school big time. Way back in the 80's I heard I had a great time at one of those street Halloween parties.

One of my best friends son is there now and will finish in another year.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Also good for bringing back memories.

USAF C-5 Galaxy Take Off And Low Pass Flyby - YouTube

C-5M glass cockpit (after my time).

C-5 Galaxy Departure - YouTube
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links