School Administrators Need to Learn to Pick Their Battles

This is a discussion on School Administrators Need to Learn to Pick Their Battles within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A boy gets suspended from school for wearing a purse. I think the kid is a nutter, but, IMHO, this would have been best handled ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 2 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By Hodad
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By marcclarke

Thread: School Administrators Need to Learn to Pick Their Battles

VIP Member

A boy gets suspended from school for wearing a purse. I think the kid is a nutter, but, IMHO, this would have been best handled by ignoring it.

Kansas boy reportedly suspended from school over wearing purse | Fox News
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    If the girls are allowed one there are no reasons I can think of that he should not be allowed to wear one. I have three boys, the oldest and the youngest have very short hair, they could pass formation, the middle boy has hair down to the top of his pants worn in a ponytail. If a person told me that either he cut his to conform to the rest of the boys or be suspended, we would have a problem.
    gatorbait51 and pgrass101 like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That camel stuck its nose inside the tent long ago.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    If men are carrying it is called a European Hand Bag . And women carry handbags
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. put it so well in his short story "Harrison Bergeron" (written in 1961!)

http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html

"THE YEAR WAS 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren't only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else. All this equality was due to the 211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution, and to the unceasing vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General."

Our public schools' mission is not to educate but to transform our children into politically-correct blobs of nothingness. The schools remove any trace of being unique, of being different, and force our kids into compliance with an agenda of sameness. Our American ideal of rugged individualism is being destroyed on the altar of cookie-cutter blandness. Who said that pants were a man's clothing and who said that purses were a woman's fashion accessory?
    elmacgyver0 and msgt/ret like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Our public schools' mission is not to educate but to transform our children into politically-correct blobs of nothingness. The schools remove any trace of being unique, of being different, and force our kids into compliance with an agenda of sameness.
    Not sure what schools you are visiting, but my kid's school encourage uniqueness and exceptionalism.
    saigaguy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Can you actually wear a purse? I have heard of carrying one, but never wearing one.

Kind of like a weapon. I carry my weapon, I don't wear it.

Maybe it's because I live in the South.

I know, it's just semantics.
    saigaguy likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Did he have a gun in the purse?

Distinguished Member
    Weird kid, he's gonna get bullied if they don't take that pocketbook away from him...jest say'in...
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    A boy gets suspended from school for wearing a purse. I think the kid is a nutter, but, IMHO, this would have been best handled by ignoring it.

Kansas boy reportedly suspended from school over wearing purse | Fox News
    I wore a shoulder bag (man purse, if you like) as my every-day-carry and book-bag from my freshman year of college (a loooong time ago) through to and including today. Shoulder bag, book bag, messenger bag, camera bag, computer bag, diaper bag, whatever you want to call it.

Some school administrators are clearly not qualified to be dog catchers, let alone to be in charge of our children and our children's education.
    saigaguy likes this.

I agree Sister... But to each his own. If he wants to carry a purse, and most likely get picked on... so be it. Who are they to take away his ability to learn and become a contributing member to society someday?I smell a lawsuit.

That's messed up, the assistant-principal and others involved are pricks. Let kids be kids. That handbag could turn into a weapon fast though. Some kids may pick on him, then he could swing that bag and make them drop! I went to public school, graduated in '11. I've seen a lot worse - students snorting cocaine, selling xanax, roxies, oxycotton, ecstacy, mushrooms etc. Schools need to get the drugs out, not bully kids for carrying a purse.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Suspended for a purse, or questioning the stupidity of questioning a purse? We might never know, for certain. Not that it matters much. I'm sure the kid will get some judicious coaching on how to stick it to the system, if the "system" is truly at fault here. "ZeroTol" doesn't seem to be well received, these days, not with them tripping all over themselves in stupidity.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links