"Strongest Tropical Cyclone to Hit Land Anywhere In The World In Recorded History":

"Strongest Tropical Cyclone to Hit Land Anywhere In The World In Recorded History":

This is a discussion on "Strongest Tropical Cyclone to Hit Land Anywhere In The World In Recorded History": within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; (Fri. 2:00 am EST) This is what is hitting the Philippines right now. Sustained winds of 195mph and gusts to 235 mph - scarcely believable. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: "Strongest Tropical Cyclone to Hit Land Anywhere In The World In Recorded History":

(Fri. 2:00 am EST) This is what is hitting the Philippines right now. Sustained winds of 195mph and gusts to 235 mph - scarcely believable.

This note is for prayers for all of those millions of people.

Super Typhoon Haiyan, strongest storm of 2013, hits Philippines - CNN.com

Obviously this will no doubt be a horrible tragedy. Fortunately as long time allies of the United States of America I am confident that they can expect aid similar to that deployed in 2004 to Indonesia: Tsunamis and Tidal Waves: underwater earthquake disasters and the U.S. Navy
    I just hope we have assets in the neighborhood...
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Obviously this will no doubt be a horrible tragedy. Fortunately as long time allies of the United States of America I am confident that they can expect aid similar to that deployed in 2004 to Indonesia: Tsunamis and Tidal Waves: underwater earthquake disasters and the U.S. Navy
    I just hope we have assets in the neighborhood...
    They had advance word on this storm very likely hitting the Philippines, so hopefully our ships are there or shortly will be. It just sounds like a real catastrophe is in the making. Those poor people are going to need massive emergency help and then massive long term help. Hopefully a lot of countries will send resources.

VIP Member
    The Pastor of my daughter's church and several members are there on a mission trip and are unable to leave. The other parishioners are very worried for their safety. I'm praying that they will be safe and all the people of the Philippines get through this storm safely.
    detective likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    That thing is almost beyond imagination. I don't know if "Duck & Cover" will be much help.
    detective likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links