This One Is 4 The Gals here...I need help

This is a discussion on This One Is 4 The Gals here...I need help within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a Fu Manchu. But first some background. I was born with a cross to bear. Curly hair. All my life growing up my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: This One Is 4 The Gals here...I need help

Question This One Is 4 The Gals here...I need help

I have a Fu Manchu. But first some background.

I was born with a cross to bear. Curly hair. All my life growing up my Mom said "NoName you should be thankful you have such beautiful curly hair." As she struggled with the tangles and reefed on the comb or brush while I hollered "that HURTS MOM!!" Every Sunday b4 church it was the same old re run.

Fast forward 39 years give or take. I lucked out somewhat. My facial hair kinda is all over the place. My
    mustache is semi controllable cuz I stroke it about 500 times a day (like most guys). My beard is where I look like the Wild Man of Borneo. It's wavy as all get out and of course it zigs that way when I want it to zag this way.

I don't know Jack about the kind of Hair products women use. TBT I don't even go over to that side of a store that sells that stuff. I'd rather walk through a minefield. Is there such a thing as a Hair Straightening Product for the type of facial hair I have? I feel like I just walked into a minefield.

I am serious. I feel like a bonehead but there it is.

Forty eight minutes to Leave ITBeaver
    gatorbait51 and PEF like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I feel so totally left out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    Well, I used to have a beard twice. 30+ years ago, I looked like Hagar , broad swatches of red in darkish blonde. Now, it is all white and grey . When some little girl asked if I were Santa, I knew it was time to shave ...
    Sister and NONAME762 like this.

I'm not a gal, but I'm answering this one anyway. Call or visit a salon and ask them. If you don't know where to go, ask a female acquaintance with short curly hair where she gets hers done, and talk to her stylist. That's probably going to be your best bet, unless you happen to have a salon nearby that specializes in men (which is unlikely unless you're near a major city).

Yes, I know. I've opened the door to Metroland for you. Welcome to the club. You'll be wearing Capris and a murse in no time at all.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Call Willie Robertson
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I was a hair dresser years ago so maybe I can help. The only way to straighten hair is to use a perm solution (like the ladies use to make their hair curly) but instead of putting curlers in it you would just keep combing it to make it straight then put the second solution on it to make it stay that way - this is how black women straighten their hair (we did all kinds of hair in beauty school).

Now, do I suggest you do this? Only if you wish to come out looking like that Chucky doll from the horror movies!!! That stuff can take part of your face off or give you burns, not to mention that your lips would be so burnt you wouldn't be able to eat for weeks. Now on the flip side, since you mentioned you smoked in another post - if this would be what it takes to get you to stop smoking then go for it! On a personal note, a man smoking is the biggest turnoff for most non-smoking woman. I find the smell repulsive, but no you didn't ask that (smile).

I hope I have answered your question, and one more on straightening hair, it will still grow out curly. Now think how that will look after a week, curly next to your face then a long straight string popping out. You could always go for that fresh look and shave it off, or, be glad you got hair - some men really want hair. As a single woman what I think is hot is a beautiful smile and great sense of humor, hair or the lack of is not important.

chucky.jpg
    gatorbait51, Betty and Jeanlouise like this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

VIP Member
    Sister is right. You're going to have go through a chemical-laden route to get straighter hair, and then it's going to grow in curly anyway, so then you've got curly beginnings and straight ends. I don't think it's worth it. maybe a shorter beard so it doesn't look so wayward?
    Pinot, Sister and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    'Not a chick, but mine gets curly and nasty when it grows in. Get a trimmer with a guard and keep it short.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Not a chick, but mine gets curly and nasty when it grows in. Get a trimmer with a guard and keep it short.
    Great advice WHEC.

Do what he said NONAME, that is your best option other than a clean shave.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

VIP Member
    You could always buy a razor and go for this look.

yul_brynner.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am assuming you had this beard for some time now, why be concerned now ?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

If it was me, I'd see if I could get all that thick curly hair transplanted to the top of my head.
    gatorbait51 and phreddy like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    You could grow it out and braid it.

braids.jpg
    fumanchu.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

A couple of options:

combover2.jpgcombover1.jpg
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I was a hair dresser years ago so maybe I can help. The only way to straighten hair is to use a perm solution (like the ladies use to make their hair curly) but instead of putting curlers in it you would just keep combing it to make it straight then put the second solution on it to make it stay that way - this is how black women straighten their hair (we did all kinds of hair in beauty school).

Now, do I suggest you do this? Only if you wish to come out looking like that Chucky doll from the horror movies!!! That stuff can take part of your face off or give you burns, not to mention that your lips would be so burnt you wouldn't be able to eat for weeks. Now on the flip side, since you mentioned you smoked in another post - if this would be what it takes to get you to stop smoking then go for it! On a personal note, a man smoking is the biggest turnoff for most non-smoking woman. I find the smell repulsive, but no you didn't ask that (smile).

I hope I have answered your question, and one more on straightening hair, it will still grow out curly. Now think how that will look after a week, curly next to your face then a long straight string popping out. You could always go for that fresh look and shave it off, or, be glad you got hair - some men really want hair. As a single woman what I think is hot is a beautiful smile and great sense of humor, hair or the lack of is not important.

chucky.jpg
    Well I had a feeling there were no easy answers. Between what Betty said and what Sister said I know my goose is cooked. The second I read the bit about the home perm kit I knew ALL WAS LOST. My Mom and her sister, my Aunt Beth used to give each other perms in the living room all the time!!! I think I'd rather eat caviar or Escargot or Quiche.They would stink up the house sumpin FIERCE!!

My beard grows so slow paint actually dries faster! It's taken 2+years to grow what I have and there's flat no way I'm gonna trim it let alone shave it all off. Not on My Watch. I've been single so long what's another 5 or 10 years?
    If it were an inch longer I'd see about getting it braided.

When I spent too long in a small town in Montana in 1991 I met a young filly and she braided my ponytail and I got way mo hair now. Had an earring too...got it at a mall on the way home. I had this tiny little jaw about an inch long. I can't remember what kinda critter it was That's what happens when ya spend 3 weeks at a rendezvous. She drove an old International Scout and I was smitten.

Thanks for giving me the low down Sister that was the one flaw I said I had what I figured you couldn't tolerate. It's rough trying to find someone to date/hang with when 90 out of 100 ladies are non smokers.

NightOwl76...you're a regular Rascal ain'tcha? And yes I am familiar with Metroland. Since you're brand spankin' new here allow me to extend my hand in Friendship [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet
    I feel so totally left out.
    Well I can't abide that OV so there you go...Us Air Force gotta stick together right OV? Darn tootin!

And I have No IDEAR who Willie Robertson is unless he's kin to Pat Robertson the TV Evangelist

WHEC thanks for your 2 bits...But I reckon I'll just stick with what I got and follow my Dad's advice and just **Make Do**
    Friends and LAND are 2 of the best things a man can have in life. Plus a good and top notch camping gear

OK 4 things.
    gatorbait51 and WHEC724 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links