38 years ago today

This is a discussion on 38 years ago today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Bubbiesdad
  • 3 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 2 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 2 Post By archer51

Thread: 38 years ago today

38 years ago today

gatorbait51 likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    That was only 38 years ago? Huh, I thought it happened a lot longer ago than that.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    I remember when it happened. Many people who have never been around the Great Lakes have no idea how treacherous, cruel and unforgiving they can be, even during good weather.
    msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm a fan of Gordon Lightfoot and I remember when this song came out, it just didn't bring much to the party with me.

Then I really listened to it. It is one of my favorite songs. I didn't know much about the sinking, it really did not have any impact on me, but then the song explained a lot.

It's a great tribute to those who lost their lives and to those who remain, especially from a Canadian who did a song about an American ship.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I'm a fan of Gordon Lightfoot and I remember when this song came out, it just didn't bring much to the party with me.

Then I really listened to it. It is one of my favorite songs. I didn't know much about the sinking, it really did not have any impact on me, but then the song explained a lot.

It's a great tribute to those who lost their lives and to those who remain, especially from a Canadian who did a song about an American ship.
    The fact that Lake Superior is located in both the US and Canada has something to do with why he wrote the song. Both countries have lost men to the lakes.
    gatorbait51 and JoJoGunn like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links