Ceredo-Kenova, WV Veterans Day Parade

This is a discussion on Ceredo-Kenova, WV Veterans Day Parade within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The musical group that I play in participated in the recent Veteran's Day Parade in Ceredo-Kenova, WV this past Saturday. We get into a U-Haul ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: Ceredo-Kenova, WV Veterans Day Parade

The musical group that I play in participated in the recent Veteran's Day Parade in Ceredo-Kenova, WV this past Saturday. We get into a U-Haul trailer, hook up the amps and P/A system to a DC/AC converter and just wail. We do several songs as we roll, The Marines Hymn, When the Caissons Go Rolling Along as well as some Blues, Old Gospel and Classic Rock,

The granddaughter of our driver took this video. I am the drummer/singer and we are wailing the 12 bar blues tune "She Loves My Automobile." We have a blind lady who plays keyboards, she has been sightless since birth and has been playing since age 4. Our bassist, rhythm guitarist and our Harmonica leader round out our little group. I'm proud of our sound and this has been an event for the group for several years now in a Parade that honors our Veterans.

The Harmonica Club at Ceredo Kenova Veteran's Day Parade 2013 - YouTube
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Very cool! You have a good voice and the whole group sounds great! Did she get a video of any of the classic rock numbers?

Nice to put a face with a name too! You look pretty much how I visualized you would.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Thanks JL.

I don't know if there is any more video of us in the Parade. This was taken by our driver's grand daughter with her phone.

I have been playing drums since 1974 and in this group since 2003. We meet every Tuesday night at a local Pizza/Pub place to jam.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links