Jefferson: Original Doc.: US Population and Breakdown: 1790

This is a discussion on Jefferson: Original Doc.: US Population and Breakdown: 1790 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In the First Census, the population of the United States was 3,929,214 about 1/3 of New York City's today. Census.jpg (First Category says: "Free White ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sister

Thread: Jefferson: Original Doc.: US Population and Breakdown: 1790

Jefferson: Original Doc.: US Population and Breakdown: 1790

In the First Census, the population of the United States was 3,929,214 about 1/3 of New York City's today.

Census.jpg

(First Category says: "Free White Males 16 years and Up")

LongCensus.jpg
    Last edited by detective; November 12th, 2013 at 07:02 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Detective, I respect you and your intentions. Could you find some of the census that is not from Wikipedia? The reason is that from info (and I'll try to find it) I've seen from my UDC group has the slave count up north way more than is given in that chart. I think a lot of people don't even realize that the KKK were Democrats. Sometimes (well, a lot of times now days) info has been changed to get agendas to work out in the favor of the person (not you) that is presenting the information.

One only has to look at the current information the MSM is handing out to see this working out in this way first hand.
    oldskeetshooter likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    detective, i respect you and your intentions. Could you find some of the census that is not from wikipedia? The reason is that from info (and i'll try to find it) i've seen from my udc group has the slave count up north way more than is given in that chart. I think a lot of people don't even realize that the kkk were democrats. Sometimes (well, a lot of times now days) info has been changed to get agendas to work out in the favor of the person (not you) that is presenting the information.

One only has to look at the current information the msm is handing out to see this working out in this way first hand.
    ok> i put in original

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Detective, I respect you and your intentions. Could you find some of the census that is not from Wikipedia? The reason is that from info (and I'll try to find it) I've seen from my UDC group has the slave count up north way more than is given in that chart. I think a lot of people don't even realize that the KKK were Democrats. Sometimes (well, a lot of times now days) info has been changed to get agendas to work out in the favor of the person (not you) that is presenting the information.

One only has to look at the current information the MSM is handing out to see this working out in this way first hand.
    You must be more insightful than me. I'm at a loss as to his intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    Can someone explain to me why they used to use "f" instead of "s" in certain places?

I know they didn't talk funny back then.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks Detective, that one looks more like what the UDC and the SCV (Sons) have listed. Wonder what happened to SC? Looks empty? I knew VA had to be high when it came to slaves. Appears that MD & Conn. had their share too.

Slavery was a bad terrible thing, reckon I just get tired of all the fingers pointing to the southern states only. Shoot, Brazil had more slaves than the US but nobody seems to care?!

I also think people don't realize all the slavery we have today - with the highest percentage being young boys/girls/women enslaved for sex. Was reading after they are done with them, (esp the young girls) that their organs are sold off and no I'm not kidding.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

VIP Member
    Something many do not address are the indentured servants, they were only slightly above slaves in that if they survived their indenture they were free. From what research I have done that is how my ancestors arrived here in 1687.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    You must be more insightful than me. I'm at a loss as to his intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I couldn't believe how small our population was compared with today. Seems another world. Sharing that was my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Thanks Detective, that one looks more like what the UDC and the SCV (Sons) have listed. Wonder what happened to SC? Looks empty? I knew VA had to be high when it came to slaves. Appears that MD & Conn. had their share too.

Slavery was a bad terrible thing, reckon I just get tired of all the fingers pointing to the southern states only. Shoot, Brazil had more slaves than the US but nobody seems to care?!

I also think people don't realize all the slavery we have today - with the highest percentage being young boys/girls/women enslaved for sex. Was reading after they are done with them, (esp the young girls) that their organs are sold off and no I'm not kidding.
    I bumped into a NYPD Cop I was talking to a bit at some coffee-shop. He told me they had a special Human Slavery Unit.

My jaw dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Can someone explain to me why they used to use "f" instead of "s" in certain places?

I know they didn't talk funny back then.
    Easier to carve out the "f" sign instead of the "s" for printing purposes. That wasn't the way people talked:

"And thif if my wife Fusan, and my boy Fam and little baby Farah. Excuse me, I've got to take a fhit in the outhouse - be right back. Have a feat in the meantime"

VIP Member
    That's more people than I thought was here in 1790...almost 4 million. huh
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links