I just love banks, part deux:

This is a discussion on I just love banks, part deux: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They see me coming: Went to my favorite bank today. The one I have been using for fifteen years. "Yes, I would like to use ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I just love banks, part deux:

Distinguished Member

They see me coming: Went to my favorite bank today. The one I have been using for fifteen years.
    "Yes, I would like to use a notary today."
    "I'm sorry sir, that is not on official notary paper."
    "Say, again?"
    "In order to notarize, you must have an official notary document."
    "Uh, I've probably done fifty notarizations, more than half at WF, and, never, have I been told I need a notary document."
    "Well, sir, that's the rule."
    "Ok, well, then, would you print this off one of your notary documents (It was two typed lines)."
    "I'm sorry, sir, we don't carry notary document papers."
    "Wha'? You're a bank. You require notary document paper (still don't know what that is) and you don't have any?!"
    "No, sir. That would be a liability for WF."
    "So, tell me. Why is it I've been getting notarizations at Wells Fargo for 15 years and now I can't."
    "You are in a different region. We all have different regulations for each region."

I just love banks to death.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    Sounds like BS to me. We have a notary that works in the office where I work. He notarizes documents with no "special paper". His embossing stamp and signature is all that is required to make it a legal notarization.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Time for a new bank...one that has services you need. I've had many papers notorized and all it required was the signature and seal on the paper I brought in. I've never heard of a special notory paper either.
    357and40 and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    They see me coming: Went to my favorite bank today. The one I have been using for fifteen years.
    "Yes, I would like to use a notary today."
    "I'm sorry sir, that is not on official notary paper."
    "Say, again?"
    "In order to notarize, you must have an official notary document."
    "Uh, I've probably done fifty notarizations, more than half at WF, and, never, have I been told I need a notary document."
    "Well, sir, that's the rule."
    "Ok, well, then, would you print this off one of your notary documents (It was two typed lines)."
    "I'm sorry, sir, we don't carry notary document papers."
    "Wha'? You're a bank. You require notary document paper (still don't know what that is) and you don't have any?!"
    "No, sir. That would be a liability for WF."
    "So, tell me. Why is it I've been getting notarizations at Wells Fargo for 15 years and now I can't."
    "You are in a different region. We all have different regulations for each region."

I just love banks to death.
    Cut out the middle man and become your OWN notary.
    I apply the same logic when it comes to self-defense and it's been working fine for me. Haha.
    aznav and 357and40 like this.

VIP Member
    That's total BS. I have stuff notarized just about every week. I'd have a talk with the bank manager.
    357and40 and Tzadik like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Attempt to increase fees while decreasing services rendered.

VIP Member
    Call the main office and dial 2 for english, then and be placed in the Phone Zone somewhere in space .

I don't care for banks but M & T handle most of our companies stuff and the bank manager is so nice to us . ( So Far )
    aznav likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    Talk to the bank manager. If that does not yield satisfactory results immediately withdraw all funds and change banks.
    Last edited by oldnfat; November 14th, 2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: possible inappropriate content
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Talk to the bank manager. If that does not yield satisfactory results immediately withdraw all funds and change banks. Some sort of universal sign of discontent may be warranted upon exit. I really detest mindless authority. Also consider placing a low yield thermonuclear device into the night depository slot. Something on the order of 1-2 megatons. A vacation in the Bahamas may be prudent before normal banking hours resume.
    Part of my business is managing large sums of money that isn't mine. I recently closed a large account with a bank up in New Jersey, and they couldn't have cared less. They didn't even ask why.
    357and40 and aznav like this.

My first choice in banks = Credit Unions
    My second choice = Local, Small town, Independent banks

My last choice in Banks? Well it was Wells Fargo... But Wells Fargo in my town started off as a small town bank... With a small town banker that did all he could to help farmers in the farm crisis in the '80s. As a result, the FDIC determined he was low on equities for the money he had out. They took over the bank... Sold it to NorWest A local chain, sort of... that merged with WF... It didn't take long for me to walk. I went to another small town bank in a tow nearby. They didn't have all the services I wanted... so I moved my checking to a credit union. But have savings at both.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

... wow.

I'll echo the advice to talk to the manager. If nothing else, the people they think are doing their notarizations don't really know the rules behind notarization. And, honestly, that's a bit of a problem. This is one of those times where a bit of 'constructive criticism' (5 min of your time) could actually make the world a better place.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I just received a notice from my bank, of 22 years, that all account disputes will fall under mandatory binding arbitration. Attached was a copy of banking statutes saying that they could do this with no option to the customer. I just go off the phone with the bank president. I asked him "If I have a problem with your bank, why would I give up my legal right to a day in court in lieu of an arbitration board made up of bank presidents. Wouldn't that be foolish on my part"?

He went on to tell me that due to new ownership, they were changing their policies. This was for my protection also....YEAH, RIGHT...

I am about to exercise my "no option". This afternoon they will be fired.
    aznav, WHEC724 and 357and40 like this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member
    I've found a small, local bank where they know me, my family, our business and where I go to church.

We're in the process of closing out our accounts with all of the big boys and breaking them up into multiple accounts within this bank so that each account will maintain FDIC coverage. Besides, major banks can't offer any better insurance.
    357and40 likes this.

hahaha - Welcome to hells embargo. I started with them in HS when it was First Union and they were great. Then a few years later they were taken over by WACKOvia and things started going downhill. Then HellsEmbargo took over WACKOvia and it's just been a debacle.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    I interviewed with Wells Fargo right out of college. I had to take a urinalysis test, and they said I tested positive for cocaine (I assure you that no such drugs were in my system). In hindsight, they did me a huge favor.
    aznav likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links