Metro Detriot may auction guns, not destroy them

This is a discussion on Metro Detriot may auction guns, not destroy them within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Metro Detroit's Center Line plans to auction 60 guns to the public | MLive.com Except this disconcerting statement: "I don't feel like this is the ...

Thread: Metro Detriot may auction guns, not destroy them

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar

Metro Detroit's Center Line plans to auction 60 guns to the public | MLive.com

Except this disconcerting statement:
    "I don't feel like this is the right way to get rid of guns. I don't think I could ever forgive myself if we sold a gun to somebody and the person killed somebody," said Lapham,
    ... A retired sheriff!

So my question for Mr. Lapham is this:

Do you, a retired LEO, not understand state and federal gun sales laws? If so, how do you expect average law abiding citizens to understand them? Oh, that is the point! To make these laws so confusing, gun owners are made inadvertent criminals, or are too afraid to exercise their rights for fear of persecution.
    or...
    Are you, a retired LEO, just that anti 2A that you spread the progressive anti-gun propaganda?

Otherwise, it's good to see firearms being legally sold for municipal profit rather than destroying history and liberty at great financial cost to taxpayers.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    When you're desperate for money, any possible source of income looks good.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    60 guns? Unless these are big collector item type guns...how much could they bring to the city? Like OV says, I guess when you're desperate, anything worth a buck.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    When you're desperate for money, any possible source of income looks good.
    Metro Detroit = the suburb cities around Detroit, which are actually for the most part freakin' loaded.

For a rather affluent and normally left leaning area (which most of Metro Detroit is) it's actually much more gun friendly than most, because 80% of the population is up in northern michigan (in my neck of the woods) every friday night through sunday night all summer long. That gets annoying, but the bright side is that us backwoods folk have made them accustomed to guns during their stays, so they don't irrationally hate them :)

Sponsored Links