No Guns for Hunting?.... How about using Eagles!

This is a discussion on No Guns for Hunting?.... How about using Eagles! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; so as many of you know I am in Belgium this week. Our European friends don't have the same rights as we do however they ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By daffyduc

Thread: No Guns for Hunting?.... How about using Eagles!

so as many of you know I am in Belgium this week. Our European friends don't have the same rights as we do however they still enjoy many of the same sports. Hunting is one of these sports. I assumed bow hunting is what they were discussing... nope.... some use eagles!

How awesome is that!!!

Golden-Eagle-Hunting-Wolf-Wallpaper-1024x592.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    Capture.jpg

Rabbits, Of course
    Foxes, Maybe? YES
    Wolf? No.... surely not.... YES
    Deer? NO!.... YES

Seriously cool...

Go to 5:20 for deer hunting

Of course there are down sides....
    fail compilation - Golden Eagle Snatches Kid - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

We all need to train hard so we can run our prey down and kill it with a hand-held Clovis flint point tipped spear.

Hey, a group of dedicated Asians 20 some thousand years ago followed Wooly Mammoths to the New World across a land and ice bridge and killed a number of them, I think we could do that too.

Unless we've grown too soft with our Internet, TV and lack of hunting skills being taught in schools.
    CanuckQue and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Cool. Wonder what that Eagle would do on a full grown Alaskan Moose. lol

I know the second vid is fake. That was a joke. Now a golden eagle coming at your face, that is not a joke. Those little fellas will ruin your day.

;)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
    "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous." - Edmund Burke 10-08-1777
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    We all need to train hard so we can run our prey down and kill it with a hand-held Clovis flint point tipped spear.

Hey, a group of dedicated Asians 20 some thousand years ago followed Wooly Mammoths to the New World across a land and ice bridge and killed a number of them, I think we could do that too.

Unless we've grown too soft with our Internet, TV and lack of hunting skills being taught in schools.
    I wonder if you can use a spear in bow hunting season ;)

I can only imagine the entertaining conversation with the game warden.

Warden:How did you kill it?
    Hunter:Eagle.... Well technically a spear, but the eagle helped.
    Warden: (Blank stare)
    Hunter:Its eagle season right?

"People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous." - Edmund Burke 10-08-1777
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    Impressive wingspan on those birds!

As the owner of a small dog I let run loose in the fenced-in backyard, I try to keep my eye out for red-tailed hawks. They are strong enough to scoop up little dogs.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member
    The dog in the first picture (wild dog/wolf) IS FRIGGING TIED UP WITH HIS MOUTH AND HIND LEGS TIED TIGHTLY TOGETHER!!!! I hope whoever did something so cruel has the same done to them, the dog doesn't have a chance.

Want to know what I really think! That is a cruel blood sport, they are not going to eat the dog. The dog surely suffered a slow horrible unspeakable death as the offenders should.

I'd be honored to be able to tie the offenders down and let the bird go after them and allow them to suffer the same as the dog/wolf. Don't think I have seen animal cruelty that bad in my life.

United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The dog in the first picture (wild dog/wolf) IS FRIGGING TIED UP WITH HIS MOUTH AND HIND LEGS TIED TIGHTLY TOGETHER!!!! I hope whoever did something so cruel has the same done to them, the dog doesn't have a chance.

Want to know what I really think! That is a cruel blood sport, they are not going to eat the dog. The dog surely suffered a slow horrible unspeakable death as the offenders should.

I'd be honored to be able to tie the offenders down and let the bird go after them and allow them to suffer the same as the dog/wolf. Don't think I have seen animal cruelty that bad in my life.

I did not notice that when I posted. I just searched eagle hunting and grabbed a few examples. If you watch the video it's clear this is not the normal case.

Quote Originally Posted by daffyduc View Post
    I did not notice that when I posted. I just searched eagle hunting and grabbed a few examples. If you watch the video it's clear this is not the normal case.
    Isn't it a bit too coincidental that an appropriately sized deer just happened to be running across an open field at that time with several people standing nearby filming, armed with an eagle? Do you think perhaps that they released the deer (possibly the rabbits too) to train and/or demonstrate the eagle?

Considering that's pretty much how it is behind my house too..... In going to say no.

Links