Knife People

This is a discussion on Knife People within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Knife laws here in Buckeye Country are vague, and vary greatly from municipality to municipality. Talked to one of our local LEO's the other day ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hatrix
  • 2 Post By Sister

Thread: Knife People

Knife People

Knife laws here in Buckeye Country are vague, and vary greatly from municipality to municipality. Talked to one of our local LEO's the other day about knives and what could or couldn't get me in trouble. Here auto knives, assisted open, and locking blades are pretty much a no go. He also said it's kind of a judgement call on the LEO's part. That if the Officer in question feels the knife is too large or intended for something other than a "utility" purpose they could pop you for carrying it.

I find myself in need of decent knife lately. Something better than the Doctor's Knife I currently keep in my pocket, but not as extreme as the Kabar I carry while hunting. I'm thinking something fixed blade, similar to a Drop Point, with a 3 - 3 1/2in blade max. The local Outdoorsman stores have nothing for me, nor do any of the knife sites I've found on Google. Anyone out there know of any better sites for knives than what the web search turns up?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
    Recon1342 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Try Kabar.com All kinds

For a common folder that has only peacefull uses.. Try a Klein tool electricians knife. If you need something more substantial they make something called a "duct knife" Made for cutting tin ductwork... Scary Scary looking knife.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    For a common folder that has only peacefull uses.. Try a Klein tool electricians knife. If you need something more substantial they make something called a "duct knife" Made for cutting tin ductwork... Scary Scary looking knife.
    What if you aren't near an electrical outlet?
    Brady and Secret Spuk like this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Buck paklite skinner. Very nice blade, slim, but good ergos, and decent steel. Also made in USA. You can find one for around $20, and the reviews are positive.

Buck Paklite Skinner (Stainless Steel) Skinning Knife 2-7/8" Blade - KnifeCenterf

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Ain't you clever!?
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    In SC I don't think there are any restrictions state-wide, but in Greenville County you are limited to a 3 inch blade.
    LEO's here won't worry about it much unless they pop you for something else and begin to inspect you.
    Shouldn't be hard to find, I got most of mine on ebay or gunbroker. Gun & knife shows are ridiculous.
    Don't know how much you're wanting to spend. Check these out: anza knife | eBay
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Smoky Mountain Knife Works they have almost everything and I have been buying from them for several years with no regrets.

Smokey Mountain Knife Works, they carry just about every knife under the sun. Just Google them. There store is 3 stories high and My so loves to go there. Last time I was there I purchased a Boker Investagator which is a drop point but its a lock blade. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    There is a solar powered version.

The knife laws in Oregon can be confusing. Auto open and assisted open knives are legal as long as they are not concealed. There is no definition of concealed, so it is up to the law enforcement officer. Some people believe it is not concealed if the clip is visible. When I cross the river into Washington State, auto open and assisted open knives are illegal, so I have to remove them.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

NRA Endowment Life Member.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

A ton of awesome knife sites. Just google knives for sale.

Speaking of knives, people; there is a bill proposed in the US house of Representatives called KOPA. Like FOPA, it would allow transport of knives from state to state, much like firearms are now (supposedly).

You can log your support at Popvox.

Link here: https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/...m_medium=email

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Links