Homemade Pizza?

Homemade Pizza?

This is a discussion on Homemade Pizza? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saturday night is pizza night at our house. My wife and I have been making our homemade (dough and sauce from scratch) pizza most weekends ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Homemade Pizza?

Homemade Pizza?

Saturday night is pizza night at our house. My wife and I have been making our homemade (dough and sauce from scratch) pizza most weekends since we have been married.

Anyone else make homemade pizza?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Yes, every week. Carry out just doesn't cut it for me.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Every now and then when I think of it early enough I make almost from scratch. I have about worn out my kitchenaid mixer working the dough.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Nope, with little caesars right around block, a hot and ready supreme for 9 bucks is hard to beat.....Throw in a deep dish for an extra 7 and the family is feed for less than 20 bucks. Last I checked I can not come close to that making it myself....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
    Yes, every week. Carry out just doesn't cut it for me.

They need to sharpen their roller knives...
    gatorbait51 and Badey like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Nope, with little caesars right around block, a hot and ready supreme for 9 bucks is hard to beat.....Throw in a deep dish for an extra 7 and the family is feed for less than 20 bucks. Last I checked I can not come close to that making it myself....
    Its been a while since I've done the math, but I think I can make 2 16" pizzas for about $12. However, we grow our own onions, garlic, and green pepper.

gatorbait51 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Its been a while since I've done the math, but I think I can make 2 16" pizzas for about $12. However, we grow our own onions, garlic, and green pepper.

The mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, pepperoni, sauce. Cost more than Little caesars.

I am with you about home made. I do a lot of it. Sometimes with home made, the benefits do not out weigh the cost....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    No, can't say as if I've ever made my own pizza. We have a place called "Tony's" (unique name, huh?) that has the best Large, double cheese pizza for $10.99.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    The mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, pepperoni, sauce. Cost more than Little caesars.

I am with you about home made. I do a lot of it. Sometimes with home made, the benefits do not out weigh the cost....
    Yeah, the mushrooms alone add a significant amount to the price. I usually just do pepperoni and onion on my half of the homemade. I go all out on store-bought pizza, though.

gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My D-in-L provided homemade pizza today, straight from Dominos.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Used to make our own but since we don't eat wheat or cow cheese now we have other things that taste just as good, sometimes even better - not any cheaper though.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

large pepperoni at Little Caesars... i grab those usually, only $5 + tax. Only $3 more for a supreme. No waiting, they always have them ready, in and out in 1 or 2 minutes.
    StormRhydr and msgt/ret like this.

I like homemade, too. But honestly what strikes me, are all the comments about little ceasars. And I agree, I like little ceasars, too.

Not one comment about pizza hut, Mr Gattis, Sir Pizza, or most any other chain anyone can name. If I were looking to invest in a company, I know which way Id be inclined to go, based on the comments here.

Friday is pizza night at our house, I' m home early so I start the dough and defrosting. Tony Benet on the stereo, red wine decanting. Love Friday nights.

Shooter Granny, We use less cheese and more veggies, and found a recipe for a mashed potato crust that is pretty tasty.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Distinguished Member
    We use to make it years ago but I'm with harryball that it is more costly to make it. The thin crust vegetarian is tops in my home and I've found some great frozen pizzas (Palermos) at the local gro store. Less than half of what it would cost to make it.

Gotta put a plug in for Pizza Hut's thin crust pizzas - we like them more than Dominos and it's right up the road.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links