LinkedIn

LinkedIn

This is a discussion on LinkedIn within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey guys, Been getting a lot of LinkedIn requests. If it's any of you guys, please say so, otherwise I'm going to think you're just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: LinkedIn

VIP Member

LinkedIn

Hey guys,

Been getting a lot of LinkedIn requests. If it's any of you guys, please say so, otherwise I'm going to think you're just another random weirdo and you have a good chance of me not linking you, especially if you have absolutely nothing at all whatsoever to do with anything in my job field. Somebody on there seemed to know both my husband and I, and I have NO IDEA who the guy was, so I replied, "Hey, and nice to see you too.... have a great upcoming holiday." I have a bad memory for matching real names with handles.

Hey wait... Most of you ARE random weirdos. You're like an extended family with LOTS of crazy uncles.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member
    Betty those things drive me crazy. If somebody on your email list signs up then LinkedIn will send out invited to everyone on their list. I have even tried the "unsubscribe" and it won't do any good. Just delete the emails and they will eventually go away.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    I fit that description good but that was'nt me this time But i get them all the time on my business email addy .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I never heard of "LinkedIn", but it seems to need avoiding if I ever come across it.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    I never heard of "LinkedIn", but it seems to need avoiding if I ever come across it.
    LinkedIn is for work networking. Great to find online work and network for your job field, but just like any other social media, you get lots of random requests from total strangers who have absolutely nothing to do with you personally in real life.

If somebody on your email list signs up then LinkedIn will send out invited to everyone on their list.
    I'm not about to give them my email password to link in to that.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Hey wait... Most of you ARE random weirdos. You're like an extended family with LOTS of crazy uncles.
    I wouldn't say "random" exactly.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I wouldn't say "random" exactly.
    (insert redheaded joke here)
    OldVet likes this.

I am not a random weirdo. It was totally planned from inception.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

MJK
    Random means that we all have an equal chance of being weirdos. Sounds about right...

:-)
    Betty likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I am on LinkedIn. I have 254 connections. I don't know if any of them are you fine folk (weirdos), but if you want to link with me, PM me.

I am not too proud to link with weirdos or redheads.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Betty, what is your career field, anyways? If you're who I'm thinking you are, I believe it's graphic design and I once contacted you about your services. If so, please mail because I have a project/venture coming up that I may need your services for.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    PM sent.

Linked in seems to be generating a higher than normal volume of spam, especially a high volume of endorsements from people that are linked only peripherally to my network. And quite a few e mails of late directly from linked in with the invitation to a free trial of the upgraded services available to paid members.

VIP Member
    Maybe I'm dense, but I never saw the advantage to LinkedIn.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Maybe I'm dense, but I never saw the advantage to LinkedIn.
    I'll join you on the denseness. Am clueless other than it's some kind of group. Don't know what a hash tag is (in the 70's hash was something you smoked and tag was a outside game). No way will I get on FB. Only tweet I know is a bird or a Michael Jackson song. Jackson 5 - "Rockin? Robin" | Listen on Youtube and get on Itunes
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links