He's going to turn his life around...

This is a discussion on He's going to turn his life around... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And the local Asst D.A. is willing (as is the judge) to bet YOUR life on it... Just because he went armed into a house ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: He's going to turn his life around...

And the local Asst D.A. is willing (as is the judge) to bet YOUR life on it...

Just because he went armed into a house and the homeowner was shot... It was all because his older brother led him astray... So now, the lad will have a "taint" on his record that will follow him for the rest of his life... But you know, participating in an armed robbery must have consequences... 2 years of supervised probation.

Wow, just WOW...

Prosecute gun crime, people... put a pot head out of jail to make room for this feller.. And really show him what consequences are...

Story
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It's always an "excuse" for bad and violent behavior. He made the choice to follow Big Bro into the lifestyle of crime so therefore he has to accept some degree of guilt and whatever the sentence is will be. That's life my friends.

Who cares if his record is tainted, he did that to himself and at the end of the day no matter how many excuses come forth, the consequences are quite clear. You make the wrong choices they can and will come back to haunt you, sometimes for life.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    "attempted aggravated robbery and aggravated battery" how about attempted murder? he shot someone in the chest while committing a crime.

"restitution totalling $1,896 to the shooting victim" sounds like a fair amount for being shot twice, while the treatment for the victim along likely exceed 10 K, paid by either taxes or victims insurance.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    It's always an "excuse" for bad and violent behavior. He made the choice to follow Big Bro into the lifestyle of crime so therefore he has to accept some degree of guilt and whatever the sentence is will be. That's life my friends.

Who cares if his record is tainted, he did that to himself and at the end of the day no matter how many excuses come forth, the consequences are quite clear. You make the wrong choices they can and will come back to haunt you, sometimes for life.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    gatorbait51 and JoJoGunn like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

I agree with you however three years of intensive supervised probation is incredibly far from a consequence for the acts committed. The restitution, if you can call it that with a straight face, amount is also a damn joke.

Yet another case of nobody taking responsibility for their own actions anymore and it always being somebody elses fault. I'm sick and tired of this bravo sierra.
    msgt/ret, oakchas and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I suppose we should be grateful that he didn't get off scott free.

His 21 year old brother, Devontair, is a real piece of work. Seems that he killed his older brother in a "tragic accident" a few years ago. Lovely.

From the article: During a court hearing in September, Devontair Jackson's defense attorney said the manslaughter conviction was tied to the shooting death of an older brother, which the attorney said was a "tragic accident."
    oakchas and gatorbait51 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    We will have as much crime as we will tolerate. It appears we will tolerate quite a bit of it.
    JoJoGunn, WHEC724, Sister and 6 others like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Why is it these idiots demonize guns, but don't do jack about a gun crime?
    blitzburgh and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    How it reads.

Daquhan S. Jackson, 18, of Topeka, was sentenced to three years of intensive supervised probation.
    How it should read.

Daquhan S. Jackson, 18, of Topeka, has been sentenced to three years of intensive supervised incarceration.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    And the local Asst D.A. is willing (as is the judge) to bet YOUR life on it...

Just because he went armed into a house and the homeowner was shot... It was all because his older brother led him astray... So now, the lad will have a "taint" on his record that will follow him for the rest of his life... But you know, participating in an armed robbery must have consequences... 2 years of supervised probation.

Wow, just WOW...

Prosecute gun crime, people... put a pot head out of jail to make room for this feller.. And really show him what consequences are...

Story
    Actually, Oakchas, the sentence was 3 years of intensive supervised probation. That makes all the difference.
    atctimmy, Sister and gatorbait51 like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Actually, Oakchas, the sentence was 3 years of intensive supervised probation. That makes all the difference.
    Whew.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Well, Thank God for that Intensive supervised probation. The World turns so much more brightly ...

While the sentencing seems to be a slap on the wrist, and very well may be, it is that "alternative sentencing" that has been fostered to help push the Liberal ideology that some people can be "rehabilitated" and if we chuck this guy in prison, he won't change, he will be worse when he gets out. Ok, whatever.

I smell bovine dung though, because much of the "alternative sentencing" does not seem to be working to curb these types from re-committing their crimes. Plus, "alternative sentencing" should be the moniker for "we want to save money by not shipping Junior off to prison." That is what this is really about, saving money.

Junior is toast. He has made his lifestyle choice and probably 99% of the time, guys like him will not learn nor change. No amount of "intensive supervision" will cure him, he's done. Once started down that path, most likely it won't end well. The other 1 % of these who repeat offend usually get capped and their crime spree is ended at the muzzle of a gun.

It is indeed a problem that no matter what we do, prison or "alternative" stuff, they still don't change. It has to start with the families and the attitudes of them. Prison is only the punishment for law breaking, it does not correct the problem in most cases, it just removes the cancer from society for just a little while. The way to stop crime is to find out why they do it in the first place. That would be the million dollar answer.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I have no interest it what someone (ANYone) plans, promises or intends to do. I've found that what they've already DONE to be a much better indicator of future behavior. Until this guy SHOWS some momentum in a positive direction (beyond beating this current rap) then all we can base our opinion upon is the assurance of his defense attorney. Gaud knows they're all Boy Scouts when it comes to telling the truth.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

What's "aggravated burglary"?

Up here, the difference between burglary and robbery is the presence of a victim and the threat of force.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links