I found my toy Luger

This is a discussion on I found my toy Luger within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was one of my cap guns when I was a kid. My brother has a matching one. Still works, but I'm clean out of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I found my toy Luger

VIP Member

I found my toy Luger

This was one of my cap guns when I was a kid. My brother has a matching one. Still works, but I'm clean out of "ammo." Made by TIPO Uniwerk, Italy. It's metal.

lugermini.jpg

"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I wish i had my stuff from my childhood . I too had cap guns with Owb carry both sides thats when open carry was really accepted when i was a kid . I bet they were set up with a roll of caps with 25 or 30 shots per roll .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    I had a similar Luger, but even smaller. It shot one cap at a time. It was my first gun-lust.

VIP Member
    I had a cheap, metal cap gun. Bah. Yours is really nice!

Times have dramatically changed in just a short period. When my son was 5 (20 years ago now) I bought him a toy rifle at K&B Toys in the mall. For the rest of the shopping trip he walked around " arresting" and/or "shooting bad guys" in the mall...Tyson's Corner just outside Washington DC. I remember people laughing and teasing him about it. Some of the men would put up their hands in mock horror at being arrested. Then they would laugh and wave.

If we did that today the mall would be evacuated, SWAT Team alerted, I'd be in jail and he'd be in Foster care.
    msgt/ret and niks like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

That is awesome. I remember having play guns all growing up. My 2 year old is very adamant that he wants "gun" for Christmas. He will get some toy guns and I will continue to work to raise em right regardless of what the rest of the pansy world thinks.

Sorry, great find Betty! They don't make em like they used to!
    NONAME762 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I had everything Mattel Shootin' Shells fired. Dang sticker caps were expensive. Almost put the folks in the poor house.
    JoJoGunn, NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I had a set of 2 metal cap gun revolvers that you put the paper roll of caps in. Had the dual holster belt, hat, and boots too. Then I graduated to the nubbie revolver that took the plastic circular caps. I also had a tommy gun that made a loud noise, but no caps. I also had a plastic luger about that size that shot spit wads. You set the spring with a pencil, loaded it up, and pulled the trigger. Take something like that to school today and you're a felon for life.
    BradL and NONAME762 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Hey, Is that a pre ban ? lol nice!!
    Recon1342 and WHEC724 like this.

Soon they'll have a law proclaiming high-capacity cap guns are illegal...
    " honestly, who needs 30 caps???"
    JoJoGunn likes this.

I remember having a cheap plastic PPK looking gun. It was spring loaded to fire small round pellets. When we ran out we filled em up with popcorn seeds. The springs would break in a week or two but the gun was great to play cops and robbers with.

very pretty cap gun... wish I had one like it... real or the cap gun.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Nice find.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I had a cowboy type rig with holster that shot the Mattel type roll caps when I was 5 or 6. Later when older I remember one Christmas I wanted a machine gun probably a Tommy gun. Instead I got a crummy BA that looked like an '03 Springfield. So being a kid I just yelled taka taka taka taka when I played army with the kids on my street.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    adult proof via tiny trigger guard.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I had the Mattel "Fanner 50's" when I was a kid, they were really cool and wish I still had them. They were modeled after the Colt Peacemaker revolver I believe.

Your "Luger" is nice looking. They just don't make stuff like that anymore, sadly.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links