Carry a .380? Don't aim for the wallet.

This is a discussion on Carry a .380? Don't aim for the wallet. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wallet and cellphone in man?s pocket save him from bullet in Northeast - The Washington Post Random gunfire in NE Washington, D.C. (what? illegal gunfire ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Stoveman
  • 4 Post By wester
  • 1 Post By saigaguy
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By saigaguy
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Carry a .380? Don't aim for the wallet.

VIP Member

Wallet and cellphone in man?s pocket save him from bullet in Northeast - The Washington Post

Random gunfire in NE Washington, D.C. (what? illegal gunfire in a GFZ? can't be...) goes through the guys clothing, wallet, DL, folded $10 bill and some credit cards and he is shaken but not stirred.....
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Another reason to shoot FMJ in a .380.

Glad he was protected, maybe he will stop smoking cigarettes ;). Doesn't DC have strict gun restrictions, and still there are drive by shootings. Seems like these laws are really working, not!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Quote Originally Posted by saigaguy View Post
    Glad he was protected, maybe he will stop smoking cigarettes ;). Doesn't DC have strict gun restrictions, and still there are drive by shootings. Seems like these laws are really working, not!
    Heck until the SC got involed a few years back you could not even own a gun .Even know you get busted for a brass ( not even loaed ) MILLER: The new guide to getting a gun in D.C. - Washington Times
    gatorbait51 and saigaguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Heck until the SC got involed a few years back you could not even own a gun .Even know you get busted for a brass ( not even loaed ) MILLER: The new guide to getting a gun in D.C. - Washington Times
    Did I read that correctly? That was all just to purchase a gun?!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Distinguished Member
    He was a lucky man. I guess the question I have to ask is how far did this random bullet fly before the gentlemen's wallet and cell phone were hit? I don't think the 380 is that shabby a round at close up and personal distances. Good luck to all and remember if you have to go outside to smoke always take your cell phone and wallet.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Yeah. Aim for his Impala windshield or the side of his BMW instead.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

The guy is lucky or the recipient of a miracle. Either way it is still nice to hear someone surviving like this.

Was this was an errant shot that struck something massive that stopped the travel of the bullet? I think so, however the longer the distance a bullet travels the less velocity it has when it strikes something thick or massive. Not to say that less velocity is not lethal but it apparently had lost enough to not penetrate the wallet and cell phone. If the guy had been closer to the initial shot, then perhaps he may have been injured by the bullet. Really, who knows unless they could find the exact positioning of the shooter, the type of pistol used, angle, weather conditions, and reconstruct the shoot according to all the variables.

That would be doubtful because we know that in Washington, DC, the laws concerning firearms will not allow this incident to even happen so it could be a complete fabrication. <-- sarcasm.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    The guy definitely got lucky.

.380 is still a lethal round. Anybody that's shot fmj at things other than paper can testify.
    Recon1342 likes this.

Yep it is a nightmare and that was to just buy one normal handgun. She has a on going paper on the pita it is to get/have a gun. She has a good series

She ironically did all this to prove how easy it was now she has said she has no urge to do it again.

NY/NJ are just as bad in some case at least for handgun the wait time for a card to buy can be months away plus only one a month etc etc. HI too is a pita you have to hand over you meidcal records and such .

According to the articles author Emily Miller if you already own a firearm (moved to DC from somewhere else where you owned guns before) there are steps you need to take to register your gun(s). Why anyone would beats the Hell outta me.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links