EMS Stimulators

This is a discussion on EMS Stimulators within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I come from a long lineage of back problems, in fact if you go back far enough you will probably find a cave painting of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: EMS Stimulators

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

EMS Stimulators

I come from a long lineage of back problems, in fact if you go back far enough you will probably find a cave painting of one of my family members holding his back with arrows and the OWWWWWW above them.

I getting to the point I just can't tolerate it anymore. Does anybody use the EMS stimulators from CVS do they work?

I'm looking at the TENS EMS machine.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Let me know when you find out!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    'Not an expert, just a fellow victim here. I suppose it depends on the type of back problems that you're having.

Many many years ago, back when I was a muscle-head, I strained some back muscles, which started spasming and contorting my vertebrae to the point where it felt like it was gonna break my back. The x-rays looked like I was deformed. The only thing that got things to loosen up was an electrical stimulator. It felt good the moment that they put the electrodes on me. Several days of that, and I could walk upright like modern man again. Now I keep a bottle of Celebrex around (anti-inflammation drug) that can usually fix me up when I do something stupid.

JL will probably have some good info when she stops by...
    blitzburgh likes this.

Right now I feel crooked when I'm walking, and when I get up after sitting down, I' get up real slow then when I hit a certain point, KABLAMMMMO shooting pain down my legs, and I feel my lower back straighten out. Man does it hurt!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Right now I feel crooked when I'm walking, and when I get up after sitting down, I' get up real slow then when I hit a certain point, KABLAMMMMO shooting pain down my legs, and I feel my lower back straighten out. Man does it hurt!
    Yup. That sounds like me. What does your doctor say?

VIP Member
    My Mother and sister have had some pretty severe back pain. My Mother had collapsed vertebrae and had several "Vertebroplasties" that completely cured her pain. She had shooting pain down her legs and said that it felt as if her thighs and calves were on fire.It was a fairly quick surgery and almost NO recovery period. The next day she was up walking around like nothing had happened...except now she was pain free.vertebroplasty procedure - Bing They were done by a Neurosurgeon, not an Orthopedist. Most Ortho's won't touch your back or neck anymore, like they used to.

My sister has all sorts of rods and hardware in her back. Most recently she got a surgically implanted device that she can control the impulses to. I'll have to ask her more about it. It seems to have helped. She has so many issues with her knees and most recently fell and fractured her pelvis...it's hard to sort out exactly what the cause of the pain is.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

No, sorry, no direct experience. It's also far enough outside my field that I cannot really help with a pubmed search.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    My husband just bought a Pch brand EMS kit from some Groupon deal. He just got it in a week ago. It has several sets of those sticky-pad things (don't know what those are called). He has a lower disc that slips on occasion, and he also works out, so sometimes he is in pain. He says it works well for the muscle workout pain. I tried it once on a low setting on my leg "just to see," and I couldn't stand it. It felt like I was having contractions in my leg. Noooothankyou. He has not tried it for his slipped disc since he hasn't had pain there in a while. So for him it's a Yes on muscle pain, but Unknown on something more severe, like nerve pinching.

Since many kits are rather inexpensive, I say go ahead and try, especially if you're in that much pain. I've had spinal fusion with rods, and sometimes I get the pinchies, so I can understand the misery.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I searched for reviews on these things and nobody really has them, everybody is talking about how they don't help you loose weight.

VIP Member
    I searched for reviews on these things and nobody really has them, everybody is talking about how they don't help you loose weight.
    How could they help you lose weight?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and feel SOME better today. I have been in pain for about two weeks, so I am not expecting miracles. I have to go back Friday morning.

Most chiros won't touch me since I had a cervical fusion, but this guy is the best around here and was willing to take a shot.

My best advice is do NOT use heat. I know you want to, but 20 minutes of ice every hour to hour and a half will give you much more relief over the long haul.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    How could they help you lose weight?
    Maybe they're being used for "exercise."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Well now this is an interesting post, just because I just got home from VA hospital for a physical therapy consult for my shoulder. I have massive rotator cuff damage to the point that my shoulder can never be repaired. So far the VA's only course of treatment was an unlimited supply of hydrocodone that I hate taking. Today he sent me home with a TENS Ultima 5 unit. He warned it will not help fix my shoulder, but that it MIGHT help reduce the pain. I have not had much time with it yet, but I will be glad to report back after I have had it a while. OP thanks for the question, I am wondering too.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Ok I've been using one for about a day. It has DEFINITLY helped. I paid $50 for the Obron version at CVS and I have noticed a big difference. I'll be honest the first time I used I thought well...my wife thought I was with another woman!!!!!! Now it's kind of numbed that area and it's helping. Reduce the pain.....I will warn you you will experience a soothing pain when using it. I know that's strange but it has really helped.
    Jeanlouise and WHEC724 like this.

VIP Member
    ....I will warn you you will experience a soothing pain when using it. I know that's strange but it has really helped.
    Yup. Pain is relative. Whatever possible pain those things might inflict is wonderful compared to the pain that caused you to use it. 'Glad it's working for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links