Helping the home invader

This is a discussion on Helping the home invader within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; take him around the house and help him locate things of value... I guess it's an option... not one I'd choose, but it is an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Helping the home invader

Helping the home invader

take him around the house and help him locate things of value... I guess it's an option... not one I'd choose, but it is an option... I guess.

Story here
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Unsecured back door was the victim's first mistake. Now if he was an able-bodied person, I don't understand why he was so docile and compliant. You have a 50/50 chance of getting killed by the bad guy whether you're compliant or not, and going through the entire house should have given him ample opportunity.

Some people just don't have a spark of fight in them.

The suspect is described as a white male in his late 20s to early 30s, between 5 feet and 5-foot-6 tall, with a slender build, and weighing between 110 and 120 pounds.
    Not that a knife in anyone's hands is to be trifled with, but jeez, that guy was my size.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Unsecured back door was the victim's first mistake. Now if he was an able-bodied person, I don't understand why he was so docile and compliant. You have a 50/50 chance of getting killed by the bad guy whether you're compliant or not, and going through the entire house should have given him ample opportunity.

Some people just don't have a spark of fight in them.

Not that a knife in anyone's hands is to be trifled with, but jeez, that guy was my size.

Yeah, I'da helped him look in my bedside drawer and when I found the bedside gun there, I woulda "showed" it to him. But for that to happen, I'da had to forget the gun on my hip... which I'da shown him first, if I 'membered it.
    It could be worse.
    "A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be."
    Wollard V Sheridan

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I would have showed him where one valuable was but he would not have liked to see it.
    gatorbait51 and BugDude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post

]Some people just don't have a spark of fight in them.

I couldn't agree more. For the threads sake, say I was caught slipping and fell asleep watching TV and awoke to this scenario, you better believe compliant is the last thing my 6'3'' 200lb self is going to be towards this suspect. Far as being shown valuables, he'd get to see about a $400-800 handgun and feel a few $1/round SD HP's if that option presented it's self before disarming him and going H2H did.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Remind me of the buglers who lock the homeowner in the closet ( unfortunately for them it it was the gun safe closet )
    gatorbait51 and blitzburgh like this.

My back door is never unlocked.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Did y'all read the rest of that long story - huge numbers of burglaries in that town. Don't those people own guns for SD like they do in the rest of the state?
    blitzburgh and gatorbait51 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

The only thing I'm going help him find is a hospital visit or standing before Jesus.
    oldnfat and gatorbait51 like this.

At least the homeowner is alive and unhurt. As far as the unlocked door.....I'm quite certain we've all done things that lead us to think..."Dang, that had possibilities!!". And we hopefully learn from them.
    Bet all doors stay locked at that house, now! Maybe we've gained a convert. Maybe some of his insurance money gets reinvested at his local gun store. Maybe......
    blitzburgh and gatorbait51 like this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDH1961 View Post
    The only thing I'm going help him find is a hospital visit or standing before Jesus.
    Flat screen TV- $1,000
    BlueRay player- $300
    H&K- $850

Being reunited with your Savior? Priceless
    gatorbait51, oldnfat and 357and40 like this.

Wow, 5'6" and 120lb, on the top end? Barring some incredible fighting skill on his part, probably 70% of the adult male population could have dribbled this guy like a basketball and gone for a three-pointer. He got lucky for sure.
    gatorbait51 and 357and40 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

If he didn't have a gun,i could take him in a room and show him my one of my valuables,but i doubt he would want my german shepherd.I very seriously doubt he could come in my place with me there and not know it.If i was aware i could show him something valuable also,a 40 cal.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    My back door is always locked, and there is about 300 pounds of dog(s) in my backyard. Don't think he'd want to be there. He sure wouldn't want to be inside, it would be much, much, worse for him.
    ugh762x39 and gatorbait51 like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I would have showed him $5 worth of lead.
    357and40 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links