is that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? you racist pig !

This is a discussion on is that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? you racist pig ! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; forget about NRA shirts and pop-tart guns, you are now forbidden to talk about PB & J in school. because it is the symbol of ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: is that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? you racist pig !

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar

Angry is that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? you racist pig !

forget about NRA shirts and pop-tart guns, you are now forbidden to talk about PB & J in school. because it is the symbol of the privileged white man.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is Racist, Says Portland School Official

Did you know that eating or even talking about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich could be considered racist?

That’s right.

Apparently, it’s because people in some cultures don’t eat sandwich bread. Verenice Gutierrez, principal of Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland explained in and interview with the Portland Tribune:

“Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year,” the Tribune said.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez asked. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

…The Tribune noted that the school started the new year with “intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives,” to help educators understand their own “white privilege,” in order to “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance.”"Last Wednesday, the first day of the school year for staff, for example, the first item of business for teachers at Scott School was to have a Courageous Conversation — to examine a news article and discuss the ‘white privilege’ it conveys,” the Tribune added.

Gutierrez completed a week-long seminar called “Coaching for Educational Equity,” a program the Tribune says focuses “on race and how it affects life.” She also serves on an administrative committee that focuses on systematic racism.

“Our focus school and our Superintendent’s mandate that we improve education for students of color, particularly Black and Brown boys, will provide us with many opportunities to use the protocols of Courageous Conversations in data teams, team meetings, staff meetings, and conversations amongst one another,” she said in a letter to staff.

You can read more about principal Gutierrez’s sandwich-sensitivity philosophy here.

Next time you’re in the bread aisle at the grocery store, you may want to think twice. Sensitive liberal educators are now recommending the “torta” or the “pita” as a more culturally inclusive alternative.

Now that you’ve been made aware of the evil of PB&J, there’s only one question left to answer: Is white bread more racist than whole wheat?
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

A lack of sandwich bread in other countries does not make it a "white privilege". It makes it an American privilege.

Guess what. Poor black people in American can get sandwich bread, peanut butter, and jelly, too. Poor hispanic families can get sandwich bread, peanut butter, and jelly, too. Poor asian families can get sandwich bread, peanut butter, and jelly, too.

It isn't "White Privilege" to have a basic grocery store every half mile. It's called America. American Privilege. And I'm not about to apologize for being capable, just like every other American, of walking/driving/biking/pogo-sticking to a grocery store to buy sandwich materials.

BTW, if I never grew up eating tortas or pitas, does that make it Mexican Privilege? Or Middle Eastern privilege? Just curious. You eating a pita or torta in front of me might be offensive to me, cause it might remind me how different we are.

Isn't it interesting how people expect those of "white privilege" to make adjustments to be more sensitive to the cultures of others?

Here's a fun fact: as of the 2010 census, 77.9% of the population identifies as being white. Should 77.9% of the country be ashamed of being white because they can eat PB&J?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Here's a fun fact: as of the 2010 census, 77.9% of the population identifies as being white. Should 77.9% of the country be ashamed of being white because they can eat PB&J?
    yes, according to Principal Verenice Gutierrez you should be very ashamed Pittypat, how dare you even ask about pita bread? go sit in the corner and wear the dunce cap.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I think that principal is probably very racist to even think of something like that.

VIP Member
    “What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez asked. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”
    Next time you’re in the bread aisle at the grocery store, you may want to think twice. Sensitive liberal educators are now recommending the “torta” or the “pita” as a more culturally inclusive alternative.
    Well then why is there no bug and grub isle in American stores after all shouldn’t we be able to buy rice bugs, balut and other delicacies from other cultures? I am sick and tired of supposedly being required of having to feel guilty of being white or American; I treat others with the courtesy and respect I want until they prove deserving of neither. [/rant]

Water_bug.jpg

Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gjbpwLZwUso/UGe0UDzfVhI/AAAAAAAALm4/iTXzF4RQNeg/s1600/Balut+2.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

And yet people keep these idiots in place, and vote for tax hikes and levies every year.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I can't stand racism. Real racism. But to me, this is just as bad, if not worse, than real racism. Saying that something is racist that is clearly in no way, shape, or form even remotely racist, is completely belittling to actual problems some people face. It's actually almost comical to me that someone would make a public statement like this and not be embarressed.

The people that seem to think race is always the problem seem to be the ones focused the most intently on race. Look hard enough and you will find a problem. Whether there is actually a problem or not.

I could not sit through that meeting and remain employed.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

So in kindergarten, while I thought the Hispanic friend next to me eating his Tortilla with peanut butter and jelly was cool, it was really just me being the white man while eating my P&J sandwich on Roman Meal Bread, I, I, was holding him down? I am so confused...........

I suppose every white soldier, black soldier, and every other color and ethnic background soldier was being racist when he gave his life for America so we could keep eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Oh, wrong, it was only the white soldiers. My bad.

Anyone else feel like playing the knockout gam........kidding.

I suppose that principle will be a super Intendant next year and be awarded the freedom medal.
    gatorbait51 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKnEA...C4C7BEE0A02E48

It isn't any kind of privilege. Maybe I'm a snob because I'm an artisan bread baker, but I wouldn't feed that garbage to my kids in a million years. Almost all supermarket bread substance has conditioning chemicals like something called s2000. I prefer my kids cancer free.

Yep thats the way to boost any color kids sense of self worth or ability to do anything useful with him/her self. Have a " Courageous Conference" that even a type of sandwich eaten by someone is a reason to be offended. That there is no reason to even try to accomplish anything when even Peter Pan and evil side kick Tinkerbell are determined to keep you down.

And this idiot has even told them about peanut butter cookies yet!!!! How on earth are these poor kids supposed to function in a world with the Keebler Elves plotting against them as well???

Maybe they could use Martha White self rising off your butt stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a job flour as a more positive teaching aide??

This whole concept is too stupid too well its just stupid is all
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    It isn't any kind of privilege. Maybe I'm a snob because I'm an artisan bread baker, but I wouldn't feed that garbage to my kids in a million years. Almost all supermarket bread substance has conditioning chemicals like something called s2000. I prefer my kids cancer free.
    Amen. Not a snob! I started baking breads 9 years ago. Wish I had sooner. It is all we eat, all we feed our children, all they want to eat and all for health reasons.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKnEA...C4C7BEE0A02E48

Quote Originally Posted by rcsoftexas View Post
    Amen. Not a snob! I started baking breads 9 years ago. Wish I had sooner. It is all we eat, all we feed our children, all they want to eat and all for health reasons.
    All you eat is bread?? No peanut butter? Ham? Baloney? Cheese?? Yeah I know it baloney aint spelled that way but im from KY after all.

Man does not live by bread alone ya know. Gotta at least have some Spam or potted meat for Christs sakes.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    I agree with the article , after all is is called White Bread ......................................But i like wheat bread and rye so what am i ????? This guy should not be able to teach and the only thing he is teaching is Racism .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I agree with the article , after all is is called White Bread ......................................But i like wheat bread and rye so what am i ????? This guy should not be able to teach and the only thing he is teaching is Racism .
    That makes you like one of those Asian women who get "westernization surgery" because she hates being Asian and would rather look like Tom Cruise from "Vanilla Sky". I mean isn't it obvious?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links