Creative and Crazy Christmas/Hanukah Gifts

This is a discussion on Creative and Crazy Christmas/Hanukah Gifts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looking for cleaver ideas, or simple things nobody thinks of. My Dad gave me some jumper cables on my 32nd birthday and I laughed and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Creative and Crazy Christmas/Hanukah Gifts

Distinguished Member

Creative and Crazy Christmas/Hanukah Gifts

Looking for cleaver ideas, or simple things nobody thinks of.

My Dad gave me some jumper cables on my 32nd birthday and I laughed and thanked him. Do you fellows know how many times those jumper cables helped me? Great gift for the wife and/or gf in your lives if your looking for practical. Also good for a teen or collage child. Still got those jumper cables and they are still used (many years later).

I have given soft sponge toilet seat before and they are loved, lol. Esp for the ladies that have to sit more so than the fellars. Much warmer than the cold old ones too.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Fellows, I need some help here! Why are men so hard to buy for? No I can't get you a gun, but what about the slippers, aftershave, socks, gloves, hobby gifts? What are the little things that are the best? Would a basket of cookies be better than the slippers? I'm on a budget and a terrible mind reader.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I think we always appreciate socks and underwear
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Thank you chirchem0724, the socks would be good but don't think I'll be purchasing the man underwear since it would be a rather embarrassing gift to give to some of the fellows I'm thinking of.
    Also thank you for taking the time to answer this thread.....looks like it's going to thread death quickly, lol.

Note to self: Put words like sex and free ammo in title for quantity of reply's
    welder516, tdave and Jeanlouise like this.

Heres one for you prepper guy friends, or anyone who keeps spare fuel on hand. "The Super Siphon". There is a neat animated graphic to show how it works.

Its really a good product, Yeager recommended, and is cheap. Plus they almost certainly wont have one.

Super Siphon Hose
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Anything sports related if it's a sport that person is interested in. For example, since you live on the SC coast, surely someone on this list is into surfing or fishing. Something along those lines. Golf balls (I don't play golf), tennis balls (I don't play that either) or maybe a new rod or reel or fishing lure.

Socks, gloves, winter hats are OK, but I too would think it would be weird for any woman to buy me undies. Even my wife.

Just no dreidels for Chanukkah. I got too many of them as a child.
    Sister likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

If you know what their favorite team is (GO STEELERS!), any sort of sports memorabilia. Even if it's something small like a key chain, license plate cover, shot glass, etc.
    Sister likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Cant go wrong with Joe Boxer....

Chad0724 and Sister like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Cant go wrong with Joe Boxer....
    Yes, Harry, you can. You certainly can. I could have gone all year without seeing that.
    -- Steven Wright
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

This is a gun forum, so I'll try to stay on topic.

Ammo makes a great gift. I've both given and received ammo on several occasions. You can vary the quantity depending on your gift budget for that person. You just need to know a caliber the person shoots. The only times a person has too much ammo is when they're on fire or when they're drowning.

Or maybe a flashlight. Nobody has too many flashlights. (My wife says I do, but you weren't asking about a gift for me. Were you?) They come in a huge variety of prices, sizes and types. I'd stick with an LED that runs on AA or AAA batteries. Several years ago I gave my wife a Fenix E 11 to keep in her purse. She wasn't impressed at the time, but has since told me she uses it frequently, often at work where her co-workers are greatly impressed. And, to stay on topic, you can use a flashlight to hunt for your gun in the dark.

Finally, if you insist on giving underwear, you can stay on topic by first cutting it into small squares to use as cleaning patches.

;-)

John W in SC
    Sister likes this.

Books look at what they are reading now for the genre.
    Sister likes this.

A magazine subscription would be nice. He will think of you each month when he gets it in the mail. Guns, cars, fishing/hunting. Inexpensive too.
    Sister and lionround like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaler1 View Post
    A magazine subscription would be nice. He will think of you each month when he gets it in the mail. Guns, cars, fishing/hunting. Inexpensive too.
    Like all the suggestions, this one is my favorite so far! It is something that nobody can take back and a gift that keeps on giving.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Books look at what they are reading now for the genre.
    This is real good and what I have been giving the past holidays. Amazon has a great selection and good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler1 View Post
    I wood liik that but I neevr learnt hou to reed guud.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    -- Steven Wright
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links