How do you know you are a sports nut?

This is a discussion on How do you know you are a sports nut? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You know you are a sports nut if you stay up to 12:30AM watching a football game everyone thought was decided around 9:30 PM Patriots ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: How do you know you are a sports nut?

How do you know you are a sports nut?

You know you are a sports nut if you stay up to 12:30AM watching a football game everyone thought was decided around 9:30 PM

Patriots (my team) was getting blown out by Denver Broncos 24-0 at half time. I told my wife "ya gotta support the team!".

Patriots won in OT 34-31!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    “Sports” I find watching water evaporating more entertaining.
    WHEC724 and zonker1986 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Ain't no if and's or but's about it, I'm down right football fanatic. That was one hell of a game, suntzu! I was pulling for the Broncos, but hey, can't win them all. My Steelers played great today and I went 5-1 on my picks with the Bronco's being my "flyer", so not a bad day at all.
    niks likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I'm such a die hard Buckeyes fan that for years I have seriously been considering getting a tattoo of Brutus Buckeye with a cheerleader from that team up north in a compromising position. I always end up chickening out though. I wouldn't want to offend some panty waist ninny with my tattoo.
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    I'm such a die hard Buckeyes fan that for years I have seriously been considering getting a tattoo of Brutus Buckeye with a cheerleader from that team up north in a compromising position. I always end up chickening out though. I wouldn't want to offend some panty waist ninny with my tattoo.
    For God's sake don't do it.
    Jeanlouise and blitzburgh like this.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I could have ended up a sports nut, I don't know. But when I'm not working, I'm working the farm. When it gets dark, the TV is on. When the TV is on, I'm asleep.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Put it where the ninny can't see it. I can think of an appropriate spot.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You know you are a sports nut if you stay up to 12:30AM watching a football game everyone thought was decided around 9:30 PM

Patriots (my team) was getting blown out by Denver Broncos 24-0 at half time. I told my wife "ya gotta support the team!".

Patriots won in OT 34-31!
    For whatever reason this forum does not have many sports fans.
    blitzburgh likes this.

VIP Member
    A million years ago I remember my Dad was watching a game (it might have been the Superbowl). I was sitting on the floor in the living room playing with my dolls, not really paying attention to the game on tv. Suddenly my Dad says, "WHAT?"
    I glanced up and the movie, "Heidi" had come on. (yay!) Evidently the producers had decided the game was essentially over so they'd go to other programing. I think the game turned over at that point and the team who was losing ended up winning, but unless you were in the stadium, you didn't get to see it.
    msgt/ret and zonker1986 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    When you watch Sportscenter 24 hours a day!!

In spite of the fact that it is just another liberal mouthpiece of the main stream media.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    When you watch Sportscenter 24 hours a day!!

In spite of the fact that it is just another liberal mouthpiece of the main stream media.
    LOL, so true and I have Sports Center on now.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I'm a die hard Steelers fan, to the point I haven't missed a game since I was 8 years old and I'll be 27 this Wednesday. I'm also a huge fan of ink (in the middle of finishing up a sleeve and moving onto the next) but there's no way in hell I'd even consider getting a Steeler's tattoo.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I'm a die hard Steelers fan, to the point I haven't missed a game since I was 8 years old and I'll be 27 this Wednesday. I'm also a huge fan of ink (in the middle of finishing up a sleeve and moving onto the next) but there's no way in hell I'd even consider getting a Steeler's tattoo.
    Here's a comment that will likely incite the equivalent of a riot on this Forum.

What happened to the really good football teams in the Big Ten?

Except for the possible exception ogf the Buckeyes (and they recruited an SEC coach) that conference comes in behind the SEC .the ACC and the PAC 12 these days.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

I watch some pro football.One thing that seems stupid to me is to play in overtime and not play until someone wins.I don't understand that.

I consider myself an avid Cowboys fan. (Go Cowboys JL!!!)

I would never get a tattoo of them, but also realize that some things take priority over my viewing schedule. Love football as it is seemingly one of the last physical sports out there. I think playing influenced my passion for it, but I love it none the less. My sons are getting into it and it is a fun part of Americana imo. I love having a good time at sporting events when I go and hate the rowdy jerks that sometimes are there. Been to a few Raider games and the fans live up to their unfortunate reputation. Many are not like that, but they are always overshadowed.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links