SandyHook Shooters Mom was going to buy him a CZ-83.

This is a discussion on SandyHook Shooters Mom was going to buy him a CZ-83. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; SandyHook Shooters Mom was going to buy him a CZ-83, check was found already made out and waiting to be mailed. The naivety of this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: SandyHook Shooters Mom was going to buy him a CZ-83.

SandyHook Shooters Mom was going to buy him a CZ-83, check was found already made out and waiting to be mailed. The naivety of this women just completely baffles me.

Sandy Hook report: Shooter?s mom wanted to buy him gun for Christmas

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    It kind of reminds me of a Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam episode, where Bugs kept helping him put gunpowder into his rabbit hole (which was under Sam's house), IIRC. Surround this crazy person with firearms, maybe something will go off when he's in the room???

Distinguished Member
    Thats not naivety, that is stupidity. It would seem that someone familiar with the family could have seen that with the mentally unstable youth and guns around something was likely to happen.
    ShooterGranny and Sister like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    WHEC724 likes this.

I believe in the 2nd amendment,but IMHO you don't buy somebody with mental problems a gun,but then again,some people don't want to look reality in the face and no matter what signs smack them in the face will make excuses for their children
    BigFish and phreddy like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This has nothing to do with self-defense.

In the news encounters between the bad guys and legally armed good guys, with both successful, and not so successful, outcomes.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    This has nothing to do with self-defense.
    Correct you are. Moved to Off Topic.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Why a CZ-83??? I had to look up that model. Its a .380 acp. It appears to be a small pistol (though it holds 15 rounds), and I just cant understand why that pistol.

The kid couldnt touch a door knob, wouldnt leave the house, why on earth get him a CC, or mouse gun? A range grade gun, I could understand better, as the mother was supposed to take him target shooting, but a pocket gun, or CC gun?

I know. If we are looking to make sense out of any of this, we are not going to get anywhere, but this just makes no sense to me.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Chapter for Belive it or not.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Why a CZ-83??? I had to look up that model. Its a .380 acp. It appears to be a small pistol (though it holds 15 rounds), and I just cant understand why that pistol.

The kid couldnt touch a door knob, wouldnt leave the house, why on earth get him a CC, or mouse gun? A range grade gun, I could understand better, as the mother was supposed to take him target shooting, but a pocket gun, or CC gun?

I know. If we are looking to make sense out of any of this, we are not going to get anywhere, but this just makes no sense to me.

The CZ 83 is anything but a pocket gun. Don't let the .380 fool you. It's a Eastern European police/military handgun. All steel .380 or 9X18 mak. It's laser accurate and soft shooting. It's a fantastic gun. So, great choice in a gun. Unless you're buying it for a lunatic. But this one is definitely not going in a pocket.
    oakchas and StormRhydr like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

If this story is true, is sure looks like that kid was running things instead of the mother. That seems to happen so much these days. Parents don't want to put their foot down and let the kids dictate how things go around the house. He would only communicate through e-mails? Wouldn't let mom put up a Christmas tree? What's with that? That attitude would not have flown at home when I was a kid, that's for sure.

He was 20 years old and acted more like 6. Mom must have been blind to his aberrant behavior if she was buying him firearms. I suspect there is far more to this story than we are being told.
    mano3 and blitzburgh like this.
    Never get out of the boat....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    The CZ 83 is anything but a pocket gun. Don't let the .380 fool you. It's a Eastern European police/military handgun. All steel .380 or 9X18 mak. It's laser accurate and soft shooting. It's a fantastic gun. So, great choice in a gun. Unless you're buying it for a lunatic. But this one is definitely not going in a pocket.
    Yep....if the CZ 83 is a mouse gun, I want nothing to do with the mouse that carries it!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I believe in the 2nd amendment,but IMHO you don't buy somebody with mental problems a gun,but then again,some people don't want to look reality in the face and no matter what signs smack them in the face will make excuses for their children
    People with mental illness are vastly more likely to be victims of violence that the 'average' person. As well, people with mental illness are extremely unlikely to have violent tendencies. Given the paucity of funding for mental illness research (due to an unwillingness I can only ponder on), there will need to be some solution figured out. The available solutions seem to be (a) arm them (b) protect them or (c) cure them.
    (a) is done by protecting RKBA freedoms
    (b) is done with tax dollars
    (c) is done with charity dollars
    atctimmy likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

We may never know the reasons why his mom wanted him to have access to firearms. Was she in denial that he dad violent tendencies? Certainly appears to be that way.

I feel sorrow for someone who may have a son like Adam Lanza, Lord knows it would be very difficult to accept or deal with, but for the love of God don't arm them. There are other ways to offer protection of someone in his condition.

It is now known with the investigation that prior to his rampage, he seemed to be fascinated with the Columbine shooting and was attracted to mass murder via some drawings and such. Did his mom know that? If she did, then why did it go ignored?

He killed his mom, took the firearms and went to carry out his deed. We can't ask her why.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    This release is just one more car piled on the train wreck that is Sandy Hook, included in MSM only because it supports the story board.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links