Thanksgiving 2013: What are you thankful for?

This is a discussion on Thanksgiving 2013: What are you thankful for? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Had to celebrate my Thanksgiving with my family today, because I have to work the rest of the week. I'll start: a roof over my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving 2013: What are you thankful for?

Had to celebrate my Thanksgiving with my family today, because I have to work the rest of the week. I'll start: a roof over my head, warm clothing, and food in the refrigerator. Haven't forgotten about my faith, but trying to abide by forum rules. What are you thankful for? I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    My children, but I am thankful for them EVERY day.

Well, it dayum sure aint this economy. But I am very thankful for my Family.

Every day you make CO2 is a good day But seriously, I am blessed by many things. It is the little things sometimes that really make me feel blessed. One day I was trying to figure out what I was going to have for a snack since there were so many options when I realized that many people in this world wonder if they will eat at all that day or the next.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

There is so much to be thankful of and for. My list would be quite long so maybe I can narrow it down to few things or groups of them.

I am Thankful that I can Worship in the way I want and not have someone tell me how it's done.

I'm Thankful for the Liberty and Freedoms this Country is still offering, for now.

I'm Thankful for family, friends and all those here at the DC Forum. (Mods please take exceptional notice of that latter "thanks.")

I'm Thankful I have work and a salary. I'm Thankful that I have relatively good health for my 57 years young.

Well, I'm just Thankful.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

The grace of Jesus, the love of my family, the freedom and opportunity of this country, the blessings I enjoy everyday(big and small) and a clean target and a full clip.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    What am I thankful for? My family; my home; our cats, dogs, parakeets; my wife and I are still employed; I was able to reunite with some old friends from High School, I was able to reconnect with one special old friend from my school days. These are just a few of the things I am thankful for.

VIP Member
    I'm thankful for my family, my friends (and that includes you all, of course!), my health and I'm very, very thankful that I live in the USA where we can discuss and disagree without fear of a knock on the door in the middle of the night.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

family, God, 40 S&W

Family, health, home and friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I am thankful for many things but to name but a few:

I am thankful for my wife who has loved only me for 29 years, through thick and thin, through good times and bad times, through times of prosperity and times of poverty, through sickness and through health.

I am thankful that I love her.

This may sound strange, but I am thankful for the Veterans Administration Medical system that is helping me through some bad times with my health.

I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and a warm bed to sleep in, we came within just a few days of not having either this year.

I am thankful that so far I have not had to sell off any of my guns to survive.

I am thankful that I can come to DC and feel at home.

If I survive Thanksgiving dinner 2013 I will be very thankful for that on Thanksgiving 2014
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    A new state, a new home, a new job, and a second chance at life.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

I'm thankful for my dog..............unconditional love always......everything else has a motive.

VIP Member
    I am Thankful each and everyday the good lord has blessed me with Family and Friends . The roof we have over our head . Just when things get bad i always feel someone walking with me in my struggles .

To my Wife i love without ever a hesitation and my son gives me a joy unknow to most men , my son teaches me too as i teach him .
    To the forum Friends i have made i Thank You for teaching and a chance to learn and grow . Happy Thanksgiving to all and much love & health to your families .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links