Pizza Hut Manager Fired

Pizza Hut Manager Fired

This is a discussion on Pizza Hut Manager Fired within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just read this. Just one more reason to NOT patronize Pizza Hut. Some of you know how I feel about Corporate America's exploitation of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Pizza Hut Manager Fired

VIP Member

Angry Pizza Hut Manager Fired

Just read this. Just one more reason to NOT patronize Pizza Hut. Some of you know how I feel about Corporate America's exploitation of the holiday season. One manager stood up to the Corp. Headquarters and went to bat for his employees. It cost him his job. Hopefully there are other companies out there who will take him on and show that they appreciate their employees.

Pizza Hut manager fired after refusing to open Thanksgiving - NBC News.com
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Good for standing up for what he believes in. I hope he finds a new better job soon.

Distinguished Member
    I'm glad to be working tomorrow, get paid time and a half ~ I reckon if you had already had plans then it would be pretty bad but it doesn't bother me. I'm working for the holidays in retail to make extra money, have for years. Ammo & gun money! No kids at my home and I'm sure that is important (having the day off) to those that do.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Sorry but that's no reason for me to boycott them.Pizza hut isn't the only place that's open during the holidays.I've worked many of them.

VIP Member
    While I applaud him for sticking to his convictions as someone who has not been married or been near family for many years I appreciate the restaurants that do open on holidays.
    Sister likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sure, it sucks that they're making people work on thanksgiving. But can you really be surprised by this? They're a business, out to make money. If you make a decision against the direction of your employer, expect to be fired. A LOT of people have to work through the holidays. It's not a reason to boycott, it's just a fact of adult life. Sometimes your job/career requires you to work even when you don't want to.
    WHEC724, Sister, Pinot and 3 others like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Gosh,i got to work christmas night this year.That's just life and the way it goes.I would love to have all the holidays off but it doesn't work that way.I'm surely not going to quit my job,or refuse to work because it's a holiday..I probably will boycott pizza hut until Tues night lol.

I'm scheduled to work tomorrow... I won't because I can take my birthday holiday tomorrow instead of on my birthday....

I'll get double time for staying home with fambly....:D

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Sister likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    Happy Birthday Oakchas!

maxwell97 likes this.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Fast food and retail places loooooove Latino employees, coz most of them are separated from their family and/or don't even celebrate some of our holidays, and therefore don't mind working on the holidays here. White folks don't wanna work on a holiday? No problem, replace them!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Fast food and retail places loooooove Latino employees, coz most of them are separated from their family and/or don't even celebrate some of our holidays, and therefore don't mind working on the holidays here. White folks don't wanna work on a holiday? No problem, replace them!

"White folks"???
    ShooterGranny likes this.

~ Jesus ~

It's "funny" you posted this. This morning, I was over at my father's house for coffee and breakfast and he and I were talking about how the Wal-Mart here (and probably everywhere) is starting Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving and about how more and more places that always used to be closed on Thanksgiving, like restaurants, are now open. When I was growing up, the only places that were open on Thanksgiving were gas stations and grocery stores and that was only from about 6AM to noon.

I can no doubt see where this GM is coming from but at the same time, I can understand it from a business point of view, too. A lot of big box stores are going to be open on Thanksgiving, starting Black Friday early, and of course those shoppers are going to get hungry...
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It would be different if they hadnt told them they would have the day off, the whole year leading up to it. That's pretty messed up.
    StormRhydr and blitzburgh like this.

Now I have a reason NOT to see my relatives this Thanksgiving. Pizza Hut buffet !!! Yahoo

Their greasy nasty pizza is why i boycott them...
    lionround likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links