Black Friday frenzy leads to reports of violence

This is a discussion on Black Friday frenzy leads to reports of violence within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; At a Chicago-area Kohl's store, police shot a man believed to be involved in a shoplifting incident after authorities found him driving a car that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Black Friday frenzy leads to reports of violence

At a Chicago-area Kohl's store, police shot a man believed to be involved in a shoplifting incident after authorities found him driving a car that was dragging another officer. The dragged officer suffered a shoulder injury, the Associated Press reported.

"The officer was struggling with the subject as he got into the car, and then the car started to move as the officer was partially inside the car. The officer was dragged quite some distance. He couldn't get out," Romeoville Police Chief Mark Turvey said.

The driver and two others were arrested.

Geez, people. I've gone out on many'a Black Friday's and I've yet to see a deal worth killing or being killed over.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Youtube is witness to this latest evidence of society swirling down the toilet bowl during our long, endless flush.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Youtube is witness to this latest evidence of society swirling down the toilet bowl during our long, endless flush.
    Imagine some future society digging up a YouTube archive server, watching the videos, and trying to figure out what went wrong.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

We should not find this surprising. The more we try to be "civilized" the less we accomplish it.

The degeneration of society is fast approaching because of the entitlement mentality of people who engage in this sort of thing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    We should not find this surprising. The more we try to be "civilized" the less we accomplish it.

The degeneration of society is fast approaching because of the entitlement mentality of people who engage in this sort of thing.
    you hit the nail on the head.
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

There's no helping these mutants....IMO.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Any time the mob competes with itself for resources, mayhem is only a step or two away.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Idiots doing stupid stuff...which is why the only place I went today was to get Subway Sandwiches. No lines there.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

The only place I went today was Bass Pro around 10:00 AM because it was on the way home. It was surprisingly dead compared to last year. I didn't see anything special, so I just grabbed up some targets and a box of Golden Sabers for the 1911. I guess everybody left once the .22's sold out.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    IMO none of the "sales" were worth being elbowed, pummeled and stomped on for. I sat a home and surfed DC.com.
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    "Look, a class M planet. It's inhabited. Let's take over and enslave them."

"No, we've been monitoring their satellite feeds. Every year they go on a bloody rampage as some kind of weird ritual they call Black Friday. They storm their own buildings and trample one another to fight over primitive wares, knock each other around senseless for children's toys and entertainment devices. No, we will leave them be. They are already enslaved by the Material God, and he is far more brutal than we can ever be."

I spent my day gorging leftover turkey, smoked salmon on crackers, and playing ping pong on the Wii. Tonight is grilled lamb chops. Enslaved by gluttony is far better. Nom Nom!
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Yep only in America! Can we sit down one day pray to god and be thankful for all we have. Then in less then 12 hours be attacking folks over cheap flat screens at Walmart.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

My wife and I stayed in today, eating left over thanksgiving dinner, watching movies, napping. It was a mighty fine day.

None of us got trampled, or shot, either.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I was working today when all the madness went down. The wife slept in to avoid the hordes and is out shopping now.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Black friday is a myth. Things are much cheaper after the holidays
    Arejay likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links