Holy cow is Alabama burning yet?

This is a discussion on Holy cow is Alabama burning yet? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Auburn vs Alabama NCAA history! Wow unbelievable game! 99 yard touchdown pass(longest school history) 1 second left in the game 57 yard FG attempt 109 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Holy cow is Alabama burning yet?

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Auburn vs Alabama NCAA history! Wow unbelievable game!

99 yard touchdown pass(longest school history)

1 second left in the game

57 yard FG attempt 109 (technically 100 yard since NCAA doesn't measure past the 100) return missed FG for the W!!!!!!!! Wow
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    They will be talking about this game for years I'm. Still like W0W and I don't even like Auburn!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    that is real football...Way to go Auburn...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

'Bama coach blew the game several times with bad decisions.
    88keys and gatorbait51 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

KoB
    I love it!

BCS Shake up!

Now all I need for my MSU Spartans to beat OSU for the Big 10 championship!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Auburn would kill Ohio State. But we will see. I spent some time in Jordan Hare and would have loved to have been there for the last two weekends. The calls on the Auburn network the last two weeks have been great.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    'Bama coach blew the game several times with bad decisions.
    Ok last play call was kind of stupid but to have a tied game 28 at 1 second and both defenses actually showed you Dobt think it was the coaches fault. I think Auburn just wanted it more!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Ok last play call was kind of stupid but to have a tied game 28 at 1 second and both defenses actually showed you Dobt think it was the coaches fault. I think Auburn just wanted it more!
    What about going for the 1st down earlier in the quarter (after they stopped auburn on 4 and 2) on 4th and whatever. Granted, the field goal kicker was having problems but it would have been a 32 yard field goal for a 10 point lead with 8 minutes left.

Or.....how about the last call, not only was it extremely stupid, not ONE coach on the Alabama staff noticed the guy in the end zone.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

The last call was a few yards shy of winning the game. I think it was the right call. You play to win the game. Unfortunately all the 300 pounders weren't ready to chase down the auburn guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    The last call was a few yards shy of winning the game. I think it was the right call. You play to win the game. Unfortunately all the 300 pounders weren't ready to chase down the auburn guy.
    You think that a 57 yard field goal is a better call than a Hail Mary? The kicker had never even been close to 57 yards before. Chances were better to play a passing play. That is also an attempt to win the game.

BTW: No one this year in Div 1 has kicked a 57 yarder..Dumb call all around. Just my opinion

VIP Member
    What a great game!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

VIP Member
    All I know is that kid from Auburn is going to drink free for the rest of his life in Alabama!

And possibly Columbis, OH!
    suntzu likes this.

VIP Member
    I am so relieved. Ohio State will have a much easier time with Florida State than they would have had with Alabama.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You think that a 57 yard field goal is a better call than a Hail Mary? The kicker had never even been close to 57 yards before. Chances were better to play a passing play. That is also an attempt to win the game.

BTW: No one this year in Div 1 has kicked a 57 yarder..Dumb call all around. Just my opinion
    Well the kicker was a freshman who had only attempted three kicks in a game, so who knows. The coaches obviously know more than we do. My guess is that the kid has a big leg and Saban figured he had a puncher's chance. Hail Mary's hardly ever work, and it is physically possible for a man to kick a 57 yard field goal, so it is a coin flip scenario. The same thing could have happened with a hail mary, so don't call me dumb. You are obviously being closed minded unless you think you think they should have just taken a knee, in which case you are just being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I am so relieved. Ohio State will have a much easier time with Florida State than they would have had with Alabama.
    What was the scenario where OSU would be in the title game with FSU and Bama winning out?

If Auburn wins the SEC then they should go to the title game. OSU struggled to beat Northwestern, who is 5-7.

If Winston is cleared of charges, FSU would beat OSU by 30 in the title game. FSU is extremely good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links