The Wrong Sign

The Wrong Sign

This is a discussion on The Wrong Sign within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; bugg.jpg Was a a medical Office Bldg to have a blood test taken at a lab there. This was at the front door. Though it ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Hatrix
  • 1 Post By Kennydale
  • 3 Post By patri0t

Thread: The Wrong Sign

The Wrong Sign

bugg.jpg Was a a medical Office Bldg to have a blood test taken at a lab there. This was at the front door. Though it is an NO GUN SIGN in Texas this does not have the backing of the law.

This is what the sign should be.30-06.jpg I still locked my firearm in car I was only there less then 10 minutes.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

10 minutes or 10 seconds, I'm not disarming for a sign that has no force of law. I'm curious why you felt the need to disarm?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

You're lucky. Here in Ohio they can write "No Gunz" in crayon on the window and it's as valid as any signage.
    msgt/ret and welder516 like this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    You're lucky. Here in Ohio they can write "No Gunz" in crayon on the window and it's as valid as any signage.
    Same here in WV.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    10 minutes or 10 seconds, I'm not disarming for a sign that has no force of law. I'm curious why you felt the need to disarm?

"CLUCK CLUCK" what can I say !
    welder516 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

VIP Member
    North Carolina is the same way.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The question is not whether the sign has the force of law, but whether bad guys will assume people there are disarmed, and therefore easy victims. Why would I want to go someplace bad guys will be looking for easy victims? Why would I want to do business with somebody who tells bad guys I'm an easy victim?

The best way to avoid becoming a victim of violent crime is to be someplace else when it happens.

John W in SC

Quote Originally Posted by John_W_in_SC View Post
    The question is not whether the sign has the force of law, but whether bad guys will assume people there are disarmed, and therefore easy victims. Why would I want to go someplace bad guys will be looking for easy victims? Why would I want to do business with somebody who tells bad guys I'm an easy victim?

The best way to avoid becoming a victim of violent crime is to be someplace else when it happens.

John W in SC
    Do you really think the average thug reads signs? Do you think they are so intelligent that they determine that the odds are that a posted establishment is an unarmed "target rich environment?"

If they are THAT intelligent, then they also know that the first sign does not carry the weight of law, and that licensed carriers in the state of Texas have had to actually go to school to learn about such signs, and pass tests on them... And that permitted carriers might just be a smart as they are; what with all that "edumication."

Thugs don't think. They just want, and take. If there's a risk, and they lose, it's just a cost of doin' bidness.

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

When I bought my house on the other side of the State, the Realtor had a (legal then) "NO Guns" sign in the door.

We were their first customers to ever close on a house at a Taco Bell. It really embarrassed them in our small town.
    Two weeks later, the sign was gone. LOL
    Now they are meaningless, but no carry in Fed buildings, some Schools, some Courts, and LE Stations? (never understood that one).
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    In Colorado you have to have security guards and search ALL people either physically or electronically for those signs to have the force of the law.

VIP Member
    Sometimes you can win - I absolutely LOVE the "closing a house at Taco Bell" stance!!!!

Sometimes you have no choice, as in when it is your doctor's office and it is NOT your doctor's choice to have the stupid sign up. I can carry at my dentist's office though, so there is still some good in the world.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Links