Black Friday Death Count

Black Friday Death Count

This is a discussion on Black Friday Death Count within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Number of deaths and injuries reported during the Black Friday Madness from 2008-2013. Black Friday Death Count...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Black Friday Death Count

Black Friday Death Count

Number of deaths and injuries reported during the Black Friday Madness from 2008-2013.

Black Friday Death Count
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA1945 View Post
    Number of deaths and injuries reported during the Black Friday Madness from 2008-2013.

Black Friday Death Count

Just nuts.

"To Die for a Bargain"....what an epitaph!

We used to die to save Democracy and Freedom. What a sad diminution in values....
    Last edited by detective; December 3rd, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'm a Cyber Monday guy anyways.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    What's scary is if people will act this way over saving a dollar, how will they act if there is a real problem. Say, no food for a while, no gas, no power. How many anti gun folk think they will be able to keep what they have or that they will be able to protect their own. Mass civil unrest, no police response to speak of, on your own.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Living is dangerous enough without the hype of a massive "shopping event" to stir people up to levels of insanity.

Not a big fan of Black Friday for many reasons, this being the main one. I like living, why would I want to take the chance of dying over merchandise possibly made in China that I can get pretty much anytime of the year? Even if the "price" is spectacular, why chance it?

I guess some people are just nuts.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    WHOOPEEDEEDO. 7 dead in 5 years? More people die each year in America from lightning strikes or shark attacks or golf accidents. Seriously, 7 dead in 5 years is a complete statistical joke.
    gatorbait51 and maxwell97 like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    WHOOPEEDEEDO. 7 dead in 5 years? More people die each year in America from lightning strikes or shark attacks or golf accidents. Seriously, 7 dead in 5 years is a complete statistical joke.
    Aren’t there more killed in just one night in the gun free utopia of Chicago?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Yeah, and here's one of the deaths:

Teen returning home from Black Friday shopping fell asleep at wheel, killed in wreck
    Seriously? People get in accidents after falling asleep all the time, he could have just as easily been going to an early morning football practice or going to see a friend. Talk about manipulating stats to your point of view. Make that 6 in 5 years.

Oh wait, here's the next two deaths:

Father charged in crash that killed daughters after Black Friday shopping
    Another car accident after going shopping? That's just a chance you take every time you get in a car. 4 in 5 years.

Next one:

Black Friday: Target Shoppers Step Over Walter Vance As He Collapses, Dies
    Read the article...he died from a prior heart condition that had nothing to do with black friday shopping...that's just when it happened to happen. And read further in the article and they disprove their own title and say the only reliable source (the wife that was with him) says people weren't stepping over him, in fact 6 different nurses stopped and performed CPR while the ambulance came.

3 in 5 years.

From what I see, there's been 3 actual "black friday deaths" in 5 years. Now, that's still horrible and stupid...but I just really get annoyed when they spoof their info to make it more dramatic.
    ccw9mm and gatorbait51 like this.

Maybe the Libs can use this data to introduce some Common Sense Shopping Laws. It's a flawed as any other data they use to further their causes.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

I wonder how many people die on Wal Mart property everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I'm a Cyber Monday guy anyways.
    I wonder if people have died trying to get online bargains too!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I wonder if people have died trying to get online bargains too!

Don't know about dying, but I knocked my wife down rushing towards the computer when I got email notification that some mags I wanted were in stock and to "act now"
    atctimmy likes this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    I never thought of that before but I'll bet the number is higher than many think.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I never thought of that before but I'll bet the number is higher than many think.
    Just those employed there - nothing to write home about...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    I fainted in a Wal Mart once on Christmas Eve - does that count?

(One should not do serious grocery shopping right after having given blood for the first time ever )
    atctimmy likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links