Who am I *really*? Or, How to make the Cashier puzzled

This is a discussion on Who am I *really*? Or, How to make the Cashier puzzled within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I went to the supermarket to drop off and pick up some prescriptions the other day. I had a half hour to kill, and was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who am I *really*? Or, How to make the Cashier puzzled

Who am I *really*? Or, How to make the Cashier puzzled

I went to the supermarket to drop off and pick up some prescriptions the other day. I had a half hour to kill, and was a bit hungry, so I wandered a bit for something I could eat while waiting for the scripts to be filled.

So I found some supermarket sushi (caterpillar roll). Even though its supermarket sushi, it's made right there by a guy, so it's pretty fresh.

Wandering around more, I found some organic herbal tea that might help me clear up this bronchial thing I've got going on.

Then going up to the magazine rack, I looked around at something I could read while waiting. I saw a copy of Guns and Ammo, which I don't read much, so I grabbed that.

Then went into the checkout line with

1. Sushi
    2. Organic herbal tea
    3. Guns and Ammo.

It made the cashier look at the items, then me, then the items, then me again. [smile]

Well *I* thought is was funny, anyway!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Gave her something to think about...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jamz View Post
    I
    1. Sushi
    2. Organic herbal tea
    3. Guns and Ammo.

It made the cashier look at the items, then me, then the items, then me again. [smile]

Well *I* thought is was funny, anyway!

That's great what are some other things we can add to the list. Like a Home decorating mag.

One time I went to the supermarket to prepare for a party my wife (then fiancee) and I were throwing for friends. We needed:

-55 gal. trash bags (makes trash collection easier)
    -A large kitchen knife (as we didn't have one at the time, and believe were were serving roast beef or something similar)
    -Duct tape (for fixing a cheap IKEA coffee table)

While I was there, I picked up an issue of one of those gunner mags they have, and got her a small bouquet of flowers while I was at it. I didn't realize how weird that must have looked until I got home.

Then went into the checkout line with

1. Sushi
    2. Organic herbal tea
    3. Guns and Ammo.
    Sounds familiar actually...Sushi and G&A sound perfectly normal to me...but then I'm not really normal so go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    One time I went to the supermarket ...

-55 gal. trash bags (makes trash collection easier)
    -A large kitchen knife (as we didn't have one at the time, and believe were were serving roast beef or something similar)
    -Duct tape (for fixing a cheap IKEA coffee table)

While I was there, I picked up an issue of one of those gunner mags they have, and got her a small bouquet of flowers while I was at it. I didn't realize how weird that must have looked until I got home.
    The only other things you needed to have a local PD welfare check done was a shovel and a bag of lime.

Hey Jamz, That Shaw's sushi is pretty good!

VIP Member
    jamz, Nate:

I think the weirdest one I did was at a Books-a-Million where I had The Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques and a copy of The Shotgun News. Checkout lady made sure the Shotgun News was mine and some invisible man didn't put it there.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    While doing some Christmas shopping last weekend at Walmart, I went to the check-out with:

-Apples to Apples (a card game)
    -A tool set
    -200 rounds WWB .40S&W
    -A couple chick flick DVD's
    -Scented Candles
    -Wrapping Paper

I mentioned to a friend of mine about my bank account slowly draining and buying Chistmas gifts. He made a crack about good karma. The lady working the register, without missing a beat, looks at me and says "I wish MY husband would buy me ammo for Christmas! Its more effective than karma."

I almost had a hernia laughing that hard. God I love AZ.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

VIP Member
    ........So I found some supermarket sushi (caterpillar roll). Even though its supermarket sushi, it's made right there by a guy, so it's pretty fresh......
    So what did you catch with the 'bait'?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    So what did you catch with the 'bait'?
    Bad breath? (I love sushi.)
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

"1. Sushi; 2. Organic herbal tea; and 3. Guns and Ammo."

And...........

"I wish MY husband would buy me ammo for Christmas! Its more effective than karma."

I needed a good laugh today! Thanks!

I went to the grocery once and bought a loaf of bread and a few cans of canned cat food. The cashier didn't look at me funny but I did wonder what she was really thinking.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    . The lady working the register, without missing a beat, looks at me and says "I wish MY husband would buy me ammo for Christmas! Its more effective than karma."

I almost had a hernia laughing that hard. God I love AZ.
    Now that would be a heck of a signature: Ammo: more effective than karma.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    One morning, 35 or so years ago, I was pulling a shift at the volunteer rescue squad where I was a member. We got a "man down" call, and headed to the house red lights and siren. I was the squad leader in charge. We arrived at the house to find an elderly man lying in his back yard, where he had collapsed. Now, this was prior to Advanced Life Support in the field. We quickly assessed him, and found that he was in cardiac arrest. We began CPR, with my partner doing compressions, and me doing mouth to mouth (I said it was a long time ago!). Every time my partner pressed on the chest, this guy barfed. I developed a rhythm to my ventilation- breath, turn the head to the side, sweep the vomit out, tilt the head back, breath, etc. We got him on a backboard, and into the ambulance. It unfortunately was a 2 man crew, so I had to do 1 man CPR to the hospital. Now, needless to say, he didn't make it. The down time was too long, and since this was before even esophageal obturator airways, much less intubation, every time he barfed, he aspirated some vomit into his lungs, no matter how hard I tried to prevent it.
    We we returned to our building, I went to the restroom to clean up. My nice white uniform was now an ugly shade of green, courtesy of my patient. After washing up, I changed into some coveralls. Then, like anyone (yeah, right) my partner and I were hungry, and decided to go to breakfast. On the way though, I really wanted to stop for some mouthwash, so that I could get the rather unpleasant taste from my mouth. We stopped at a "stop and rob" on the way to the restaurant, and I went in, while my partner stayed with the ambulance. When I got back, my partner was leaning over the steering wheel, laughing his ass off. He looked at me and asked, "Just what did you DO to that guy?" I told him that it was nothing really, I found a bottle of Listerine (once again this was 35 years ago, and Listerine had no other flavor but it's original horrible flavor), and placed it on the counter. The clerk asked me after giving me my change, "Do you want a bag for that?" I replied, "No thanks, I'll drink it here", and proceeded to remove the cap, and I left with my head tilted back as I poured it into my mouth. I had finished gargling prior to getting into the unit. The clerk had his arms on the counter, and leaned forward, with the most confused look on his face that you can imagine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links