Great Christmas!

This is a discussion on Great Christmas! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Santa wrapped up that family heirloom civil war gun, it's either an Eli Whitney or a Remmington .44 revolver pin and ball pistol (Bryan and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Great Christmas!

Distinguished Member

Great Christmas!

Santa wrapped up that family heirloom civil war gun, it's either an Eli Whitney or a Remmington .44 revolver pin and ball pistol (Bryan and a few others helped me ID it to get this far). I was thrilled and shocked at the same time. It's been in the family for at least 4 generations but was a union gun, my great great-grandfathers fought for the confederates. I will pass it on to one of my brothers grandchildren when I die... or I'll sell it and go somewhere tropical and not come back

Also got some money to get an operation for my dog and that meant so much to me too.
    What did you get?
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Congratulations, Sister. Knowing how you feel about this holiday it is really good news that you wound up with a "Great Christmas" and super special that you received the family heirloom!

Keep the faith, baby.
    Sister, Darrow75 and Jeanlouise like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member
    That gun sounds like a real treasure! Merry Christmas! Glad to hear the dog will be getting his surgery too. I'm sure he feels the same way.
    Sister and Darrow75 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I got a couple pounds heavier, lost a little more hearing and didn't get nothing close to an old pistol. I couldn't ask for more.
    Badey and Sister like this.

I am glad to hear the positive comments. Good luck on the surgery for the pooch and may this new year bring you happiness and keep you independent.

I was blessed with 41 year anniversary on the 16th and the Grandchildren got what they wanted although I didn't get to see them hearing the excitement in their voice was amazing. I bought presents for the wife and received a 3/4 ton trailer for the jeep it is a government trailer sold as excess. I am looking forward to updating the lights etc. Passed on a heirloom Rolex I dove with on mixed gas to the son and it was hard to give up but a present should be a gift you want to keep yourself I am told.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year keep us posted on the Pooch.

Bill And Ramona
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    That gun sounds like a real treasure! Merry Christmas! Glad to hear the dog will be getting his surgery too. I'm sure he feels the same way.

My black lab (a girl) has a histo???? something or another that is a growth the size of a pencil eraser that keeps growing and falling off and it's on the edge of her floppy ear. I found a vet that will do it without putting her completely under but by just numbing the ear. She is one of the best behaved dog I've ever had and will sit nicely for them as long as it is numbed. Have been trying to save up for it but something always came and took the money (gas for truck, doctor bill...it's always something).

What did anybody else get? Guns, cars, candy....?
    Darrow75 likes this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

T-shirts, power screwdriver, candy, coffee pot, "Redneck Wisdom" board game and pictures of my grand kids, everything I wanted.
    Sister likes this.

The Old Bear got a new leather vest with a concealed gun pocket that is perfect for his Glock, a set of floor mats for his truck, a gift card, a heat pack for his shoulder, and about 20 pounds heavier! This was a great Christmas!
    WHEC724, Jeanlouise and Sister like this.

A years membership to the new indoor range that just opened here!
    Sister likes this.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Odessa FL, South Pasco County, Tampa Bay Area
    C'mon Sis'!! Let's see a pic or three of that great family heirloom and War Of Northern Aggression vet!

Many of my ancestors were SC folks...Most sided with the South, but a few actually relocated, (whole families) to IL, because they were staunch Union supporters. Those were some tryin' times...to say the least..

Best Wishes, FLc
    Sister likes this.
    THE BILL OF RIGHTS: Void Where Prohibited By Law
    Politically Incorrect?...Maybe. Conformity Challenged?...Absolutely
    "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." (Capt. Woodrow F. Call, TX Ranger, Ret)

VIP Member
    Sister , Glad you had a great time the rifle sounds cool maybe you can post a pic when you get a chance . And also we missed you here and glad you are back .
    Sister likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    Gun Safety is Life Safety
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Got a great Christmas gift. I have my sons, who are in the Air Force home until Jan 2nd , then back to the slightly warmer climates for them. Got a few pounds of the coffee I like, and a good nights' sleep from all the cooking I did since Christmas Eve day.
    Sister, Jeanlouise and Darrow75 like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Coal...
    Sister, welder516 and Darrow75 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Coal...
    We heard. It was on the 6:00 news.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I got some gear to get me started with reloading, got to spend the day with my parents and my beautiful wife, and got to see her face when I gave her the ring I couldn't afford to give her on our wedding day. Just before Christmas we put an offer on a house and will hopefully close on January 22. Overall a great Christmas that capped off a rollercoaster of a year that thankfully had more ups than downs but quite a lot of uncertainties that made it a hell of a ride!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links