Simple Invention Can Seal a Gunshot Wound in Seconds

This is a discussion on Simple Invention Can Seal a Gunshot Wound in Seconds within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Incredible-Yet-Simple Invention Can Seal a Gunshot Wound in 15 Seconds ? What It Could Mean for Soldiers | TheBlaze.com "...dime-sized expanding sponges – which are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Simple Invention Can Seal a Gunshot Wound in Seconds

VIP Member

Simple Invention Can Seal a Gunshot Wound in Seconds

Incredible-Yet-Simple Invention Can Seal a Gunshot Wound in 15 Seconds ? What It Could Mean for Soldiers | TheBlaze.com

"...dime-sized expanding sponges – which are made from standard medical-grade sponges and covered with a hemostatic agent – are injected into the wound with the plastic tube and immediately expand to stop the bleeding. And because the sponges cling to moist surfaces, they can’t be pushed back out of the body by gushing blood."

Pretty incredible!
    ANGLICO likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

Um... Not really so new... With the exception of putting sponge "pellets" in the wound channel, and the clotting agent (hemostatic agent)... Not terribly dissimilar to certain feminine hygiene products...

And, those might do the trick in a do it yourself emergent situation?

Not being facetious... It may very well have been the inspiration for the product... Mini tampons with quick clot on them...

Good bio-mechanical extrapolation of an existing notion...

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    maxwell97 and ConcealedinPA like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    Keep a few maxi pads in your kit. Great for pressure bandages.
    Sister likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

"The tampon has been in use as a medical device since the 18th century, when antiseptic cotton tampons treated with salicylates were used to stop bleeding from bullet wounds."

Though I'll bet the hemostatic agent makes it much more effective, and the design of multiple pellet-sponges makes sense. Be a darned good thing to have. Now they'll just have to wait ten years for FDA approval.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member
    Never in my life did I think I'd be on a gun website hearing men talk about tampons
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Distinguished Member
    Hey y'all remember the drag queen that pretended to be a cosmetic surgeon and put fix-a-flat and cement in that girls legs and behind? That was wild and sad, messed her up really bad - think it was about 2 years ago.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Never in my life did I think I'd be on a gun website hearing men talk about tampons
    Why not?? That's the new name of the Dallas Cowboys...

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    We do all the time,when yall aint here.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    "No they're not for my wife, they're for my bug out bag"...
    oakchas and BugDude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    "No they're not for my wife, they're for my bug out bag"...
    Somehow I don't think I'd ever be able to convince my old lady that the tampons she found in the glove box of my truck were just in case of an emergency gun shot wound. I can hear her now..."And I guess the red I heart you panties are a tourniquet?!?!?"

I'll just take my chances with bandaids.
    Stoveman likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I watched the movie "Shooter" yesterday for the first time. At one point the main character pours a black powder into his wounds. I was wondering what that was. I was assuming its something soldiers keep on them, only because he was a marine. But that is a really interesting product

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    I watched the movie "Shooter" yesterday for the first time. At one point the main character pours a black powder into his wounds. I was wondering what that was. I was assuming its something soldiers keep on them, only because he was a marine. But that is a really interesting product
    If I recall correctly, I think it was Quikclot that he got from an FBI first aid kit?
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    If I recall correctly, I think it was Quikclot that he got from an FBI first aid kit?
    Yes, it was an FBI car he was driving. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    QuikClot is amazing stuff. I have a basic first aid kit including QuickClot in each car, and in each range bag.
    Recon1342 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links