Who carries what cell phone. . .

This is a discussion on Who carries what cell phone. . . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was reading the bluetooth thread and that was a great idea. I would of never thought about a bluetooth like that. While I was ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who carries what cell phone. . .

I was reading the bluetooth thread and that was a great idea. I would of never thought about a bluetooth like that. While I was reading another question came to my head. What kind of phones does everyone on this forum carry? Another hobby of mine is my blackberry and I can't get off of that thing. I just would like to see if we all have phones up to date and 911 GPS capable. Just want to see if we are all up to date.

I carry a Blackberry 8703e with Sprint and man it is just as addicting as my guns. LOL Hope it turns out to be a good thread.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

I carry a Sprint phone too. Samsung A 640 it has bluetooth and a GPS transponder. As well as E-911 which will give any 911 dispatcher that is equiped with GPS tracking the ability to follow my phones movements in real time.

I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Ditched the blackberry, got a motorola Q now.

no way no moto q for me. dont like window base.

gelicious it is good to see tht u r up to date
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Razr

Assistant Administrator
    I have a real basic Nokia - pay as you go.

Reason is, tho I used to have a nice flipper Motorola - I happen to live in a zone with all but zero signal . So - got tired of splashing out significant bucks every month for an expensive convenience, as I could rarely use all my minutes or do evening and weekend calls.

Add to that I travel little so - my need became one of occasional - a presence for when I needed it, outgoing calls mostly.

I therefore when that contract ended - got the basic Nokia - and just keep it alive with a $15/mth standing charge. Minutes roll over so I have usually a boatload of time accumulated. Cost per minute is high but - it gets used so little that's no biggie - $15/mth suits me way better than $50/mth!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Alltell Here...

cheapie phone...but my wife and I did something, difficult...for us, this year...we canceled the landline...now, we don't even miss it...saved $60/mo...
    This seemed like an odd thing for us to do as we have had landlines for decades (many). Now we are finding that many of our friends are doing the same thing.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nokia 6133

Not as fancy as some, but it doubles as my MP3 player and FM radio.

It is E911 capable and has bluetooth
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Nokia E62, on Cingular.

Before that, it was an Audiovox SMT-5600.

Before that, a Motorola V551.

Jeremy

No landline here either. Why pay for 2 phones. I got a Razr V3 from Cingular.

Surprise I don't cary a cell phone, gave all that hightech crap up when I retired. No more pager, oncall cell phone, or 2way radio.

I do have my old QWEST cell phone in my car with a charger, Washington law is that anyone can call 911 on any cell without being a customer. So my cell is only for Emergency. Any one in my family or my friends that want me to have one can get one in their name and give it to me but they have to pay the bill. I don't need extra payments or hastles.

I have a Sony Ericsson thats a pay as you go. 25.00 every three months. recharges the phone & it cost 10 cents a minute or nothing if call is between two Cingular phones. Has good reception along the East coast and its a fliptop.

Sure dont miss that either Iam retired too. NO MORE SERVICE CALLS.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    There was a thread not too long ago from a gentleman by the name of "Soundwave" I believe. He went through the "safety" features of cell phones and how GPS is supposed to link you directly to 911 and give'm your location. It's fairly interesting. I'll do a quick search for it.

------------------------------------
    EDIT:
    Here is the thread. It should be required reading here (though it is stickied). The pertinent info starts at the bottom of the first page and moves all the way through the last.
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ght=cell+phone
    -------------------------------------

I've got a cheapo Verizon phone. No frills. It calls in and out, and gets n recieves text messeges. I've had it about a year and its already beat to snot. haha I go through phones about every year or so.
    Last edited by SixBravo; December 27th, 2006 at 03:49 PM.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

the no landline is becomin a more popular thing. I have sold to a lot of people that wanted to port their home number to a cell phone because it was only 10 bucks a month

Ricardo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links