Just weird: The gun that shoots pictures

This is a discussion on Just weird: The gun that shoots pictures within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/336/C11108/ CLICK LINK FOR PICS OF THIS THING The gun that shoots pictures Here's a nature friendly hunting gun. Instead of killing poor Bambi's mother, ...

Thread: Just weird: The gun that shoots pictures

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/336/C11108/

CLICK LINK FOR PICS OF THIS THING

The gun that shoots pictures

Here's a nature friendly hunting gun. Instead of killing poor Bambi's mother, you can use this nifty camera gun from the folks at Leica. They've outfitted what appears to be a hunting rifle with a 400mm picture camera instead, so there's no deadly bullets coming out the other end. Just some crystal clear shots of Mother Nature at work.

Simply dubbed the Leica Gun, you'll surely be able to get some fantastic "deer caught in the headlights" kind of shots when you approach your drunk buddy at the bar. That, or he'll smack you over the head with a beer bottle.

There's no set price on this "shooting some pictures" device, as you'll need to bid on the auction at Tamarkin Photographica. It gives a whole new meaning to sniping pics.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I've seen several similar contraptions and always just assumed they were home made.

Seems to me a rifle stock would be PERFECT for stabilizing a heavy telephoto lens if you don't have a tripod.

Assistant Administrator
    Back in the days when I did a lot of photography - using film back then - I used exactly this type of device. I still have it and can take a pic later to show it.

In fact for long lens work it is invaluable - but not sure whether it is still made, having gotten mine in UK back in 80's.

Only problem now with mine and a digi-cam - there is nowhere to fit in the cable release, which is actuated from the trigger on the pistol grip. I could tho use the electronic remote instead but have yet to try it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

One Problem/Warning...

The next time 'W' is in town, I wouldn't try taking any long distance pictures of him with it...

Doesn't seem like anything I would use anywhere...even if it took great pic's...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Russia shipped a lot of those type of camera stocks to the US that were sold in a lot of catalogs, they were called sniper camera stocks.
    Still see them once in awhile. They usually are sold with the russian camera attached.

Assistant Administrator
    As threatened - took a pick of my device. I remember now I did away with trigger operated cable release and just used camera shutter button.

It does create a very stable platform and the camera mounts by std 1/4" thread, to the platform. The sho stock of course fits onto shoulder and strap allows whole deal to hand from shoulder when not in use. When pistol grip held, you can brace whole thing tight into shoulder.

It does permit very stable shooting with long focal length lenses.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The next time 'W' is in town, I wouldn't try taking any long distance pictures of him with it...

Doesn't seem like anything I would use anywhere...even if it took great pic's...

ret
    Funny you should mention that, my ex mother in law was trying to get a good pic of 'W' once. she made the mistake of saying "I have a good shot from here". She said next thing she saw was a bunch of suits.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links