Getting in shape so far....pics

This is a discussion on Getting in shape so far....pics within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Back in October I posted a thread that talked about some unexpected benefits of my weight loss to that point as they pertained to CCW. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting in shape so far....pics

Getting in shape so far....pics

Back in October I posted a thread that talked about some unexpected benefits of my weight loss to that point as they pertained to CCW. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=12500
    At the time, I had gone from 265 pounds to 215. It has been about 2 months since that thread and I am now down to 175 pounds. That is 90 total pounds lost so far and I have 15 more to go to reach my target weight of 160 pounds for a total projected loss of 105 pounds. I think I am 2 more months away from my goal.
    Oddly enough, the hardest part of all this has been the last 10 pounds or so. Partly because Thanksgiving and Christmas have been doing their best to pack a couple of pounds back on me. I have held steady at 175 for about 2 weeks now. I am hopeful that now that the holidays are over, I can start loosing weight again.

Anyway, I have had a few people ask me to post some pics of the Before and After type for motivation for those out there trying to do the same thing. So, here are a couple. The one of my fat former-self in the red T-shirt was taken in May at the Memphis in May festival. The one of me in the white tank top was taken tonight. Those are the same pair of shorts and you may or may not be able to tell, they do not fit anymore at all. They are WAAAAYY too big now but, as it is winter, I have not bought any new shorts so this is what I had.
    I plan to take some better pics to show the weight loss soon. The white tank top really is too big too. It is a Large and I am now wearing a Medium shirt. The shorts are 42's and I now wear 34's.

It's been a major life change, for the better, much better. And my Doc says I have added years to my life. So, with the added benefits of being able to conceal my gun much easier and better, feeling better, sleeping better, having more energy, not having back and knee pain anymore, being stronger and having more stamina, I would say it has been well worth it.

Anyone want to know the secret?
    Attached Images
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

wow! congrats!

My gosh you dont even look like the same person. Congratulations!! I have lost 36 pounds myself, cutting back on carbs and 1 hour of exercise 3 nights a week. What is your secret?

Assistant Administrator
    Good job

Well to be honest 175# is darned good and I am not sure your ''target'' is too important. 160# I do honestly think is not necessary - you have done the part that really matters.

You have worked wonders really.

I am 6.00 and 200# or so and despite age am fairly well muscled so - not really too over weight. I do have a bit of extra ''real estate'' in front but not the droopy sort . I do drop back to 195# in summer but am not IMO over weight.

Keep it up now - that is more important than that extra 15# you mention you think you should still lose.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Congrats...

on the weight loss...
    Been there, done that...not easy!
    I respect your committment...and you'll have a few extra years to shoot...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

PT-111....

Check your email...

Good job! COngratulations!
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

My secret is simple. I cut back on how much I eat and I eat much better than I did before. No fast food. None. As close as I get to fast food these days is Subway. Also, I eat every 2 hours. For breakfast it is a bowl of Special K fruit and yogurt cereal, then 2 hours later a low carb / low cal meal bar made by Pria, then 2 hours later lunch consisting of a lean chicken meat sandwhich with skim milk cheese slice and light ranch dressing instead of mayo or some other topping and 10 to 15 baked ruffles chips, then 2 hours another Pria bar (110 calories) and 2 hours later another Pria bar, then 2 hours later dinner. Dinner concitis of a lean chicken breast, baked, with broccoli and green beans or carrots. Or on some nights if I am pressed for time I may eat something similar to what I had for lunch.
    I do during the summer eat a burger when we grill them in the back yard. I also eat a few french fries but I use lite Mayo and skim cheese with whole wheat bun. And always small portions.
    I have a daily caloric intake of about 1600 calories. I burn 2200 calories on my Nordictrack every night and alternate abdominal workouts and weight training every other night. One set of weight drills one night, then the next an ab work out, then the next a different set of weight drills, then the next a different type of ab workout then back to the first weight drill. It works very well.

P95, thanks for the kind words. I do still have what I consider a small "gut" there in front but the Doc assures me that most of it is simply extra skin left over from the fairly rapid loss of 90 pounds in approx 7 months. He equated it to letting the air out of a balloon that was inflated for a long time. The balloon looses it's air pressure but the skin of the balloon is stretched out a good bit. He says the skin will tighten up and shrink to normal but it will take up to a year to normalize.

All I know is, I feel better than I have in over a decade.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lead Moderator
    Looks like you did good, it's the mustache right?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Hey, Mike, don't worry about not losing over Thankgiving and Christmas. Maintaining is a victory during this season. During this month I have gained back at least 2 or 3 of the 10 I had taken off. Congratulations on your continued victory over the weight.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Congrats!! Keep it up and you will reach your goal no doubt about it.
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

Congrats man, In the past year and a half I went from a really fat(muscleless) 205 or so to a current very lean 150. All I changed was my job, went from sitting at a desk to on my feet 10+ hours a day. Its amazing how much better you feel on a daily basis not lugging all that weight around, isn't it?

You got that right Smoothe23!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I was 291. now I'm 236. goal is 200. Working on it. I just wish I'd started earlier. I feel better now at 35 than I did when I was 21.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Administrator
    Good job! I'm impressed you did all that so fast. I run the fitness program at my employer, I never see this much motivation; even in myself.

Shave off the 'stache and you will lose that ten pounds!

VIP Member
    Wow - you look like two different people! Great work!

My husband's gone from 260 to 230 since Feb. when we got married, and his goal is around 215 (he's one of these big, broad-shouldered guys). He can't stand to see himself in our wedding pictures anymore because he doesn't like seeing his "fat face."

He's completely changed his diet (no more bachelor surviving on pizza!). His fat is being replaced with muscle, and now he can individually flex his pecs.

He's got slipped discs in L3-L5, and his lower back pain has ceased from strengthening his back muscles and losing weight. I'm really happy - we were at the verge of considering surgery, and that was after months of chiropracty, acupuncture, and strong pain meds.

Now you've got to go shopping to get some smaller clothes!
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links