Resolutions

This is a discussion on Resolutions within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here we are at the beginning of another year, and although for many folks it seems silly to make resolutions which are bound to be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resolutions

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar

Lightbulb Resolutions

Here we are at the beginning of another year, and although for many folks it seems silly to make resolutions which are bound to be broken anyway, I have a few thoughts on the matter.

It is your life. if not now, when?

a. Been promising yourself that "some day" you will get more training? Why wait? It may come in handy when you least expect it, and then, won't you be glad that you received it? Do it. Resolve it to be so.
    b. Been holding off on getting your AK and the training that goes with it? Do it. Your life and the lives of those who you love may just depend on it.
    c. Been promising yourself to stop smoking, drinking, lose weight, get in shape? See above. If not now, when?
    d. Been thinking about going back to school? Taking an armorer's course? Starting initial level martial arts at age 48? Do it.

We are all creatures of procrastination. We tell ourselves that "some day" we will accomplish the things that we have dreamed of doing. On this coming new year, resolve it to be so. We only go around once.

Instead of living your life vicariously through dreams, and forums, and training DVD's and movies .. take action. Do it. LIVE your life.

Because, when it comes down to it ~ you don't always get second chances. And you and your family deserve so much more.

Make it so.
    Last edited by Ride4TheBrand; December 29th, 2006 at 05:22 PM.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

2. Remove Ads

My new years res are to get in shape. couldnt last year due to broken ankles. Get more training. Go to the range more. Carry more. And get in better financial shape. Happy new year everybody.

Sixgun

Assistant Administrator
    Always resolutions - always some that don't make it. But the plans are there

BTW - like your avatar but thought it could do with the white currently showing rendered as transparent.

In case you might prefer this I will attach the tweaked version - also lightened a bit. The transparency doesn't show in the thumb but should with full version - it tests OK.
    Attached Images
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Well I have come to the point of not putting things I want off any more. In the last 3 years My mother, 1 aunt, 3 brothers and 1 sister have died. I have been putting off buying different firearms. After My sister died in October this year I decided no waiting. I went down and bought the Winchester 25-20 then the Marlin 44Mag at the first part of this December. Day before Yesterday I was notified that my oldest brother had just died of cancer. So today I bought the MAK91 I wanted. I can't buy them if I die, no waiting.

I Too, Have Some On-Going Resolutions...

Lose more weight...that's down quite a bit already...

Get into better shape...

Attend several 'weapons/self-defense' class, i.e., GunSite, etc...

Attend at least one self-defense course, WITH the wife, to better train how to work together in a 'situation'...

Buy an AR-15...just got that a few weeks ago...

Get a second safe...got it picked out...compromised a hiding place with the wife...(she never said I couldn't buy it...surprised me)...

Finish one or two more years of work...my choice...lots of extra cash for 'our' hobbies...

Build an inventory of food/water/gas, guns/ammo, first-aid, and organize it for effectiveness...that's almost done, but it could be better organized...

And now...find a good lawyer for a possible CCW defence scenario...

I post these goals here only as a reminder to myself...that I did openly admit where I should head as this new year progresses...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Get myself into graduate school to continue my education.

Get in shape! Lose some weight, give up sweet foods, run and bike more often, and start doing more pushups an situps on a nightly basis.

Buy an AR-15....I've wanted one for a long time, and I need something to complement the old Soviet AK.

Buy a gun safe and find a place to put it.

Buy a GOOD knife that can be used for self defense/as a general tool and that I can carry on a daily basis.

Be in a better financial position in January 2007 than I was in January 2006.
    "Life exists at a level of complexity almost beyond our ability to comprehend. It's a well known fact that if you try to take apart a cat to see how it works one of the first things you have on your hands is a non-working cat" - Douglas Adams

"All things are governed by law" - Hippocrates

Administrator
    My resolution is to try to avoid double~tapping posts on CombatCarry.com

Administrator

loose weight. Everything else I can live with. I can't use my IWB's anymore.

A and B scheduled for July, looking for a AR not a AK, C doing it don't smoke but am loosing weight. D I'm always in learn mode, read, go places observe, as to college BTDT. A mind that dose not continually learn and experience new things cannot grow, it is a proven fact that the brain can continue to grow like a muscle when exercised although our adult life.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I really don't make resolutions just goal's!

My number 1 resolution/goal is relating to CCW is ~

Training harder than I did in 2006

I took 9 classes in 2006 and I am setting it high for 2007 and doubling that to 18.

Anything above 9 is a success.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

You make me laugh man! If I'd been drink milk it would've come out the nose!!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Uh that should've been "drinking milk" - see what effect it had on me!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

My new years resolutions are as follows:

1. Reach my goal of 160 pounds. I am now 11.5 pounds from that goal as this morning I weighed in at 171.5 pounds. That is down from 265 pounds when I started this weight loss adventure in May of 2006!

2. Find a job in Indiana and move my family back to the Hoosier state in 2007. I was born and raised in Indiana and my wife, who is from Mobile Alabama, has fallen in love with Indiana and she is the driving force behind this. But, it would be nice to be closer to family.

3. Take some more training courses.

4. Maybe start some martial arts training. A Karate training shop just opened in my town here and a couple of my kids have expressed interest in learning so why not me too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Very funny QK!!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast