A Better Alternative

A Better Alternative

This is a discussion on A Better Alternative within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I put a shim under my back sight on my PF9 after bore sighting it in last winter. I took it out the other day ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Oldpsufan
  • 1 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: A Better Alternative

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar

A Better Alternative

I put a shim under my back sight on my PF9 after bore sighting it in last winter. I took it out the other day for the first time since then and had trouble hitting the target. Today I thought I'd remove that shim and sight it back in. I loaded the batteries in the bore sight and they were dead, so I tried a few stores and they did not have them. I figured my LGS would have them for sure, so I went there. They didn't have them either, so I took home a M&P Shield.
    Sister, WHEC724, DJC7 and 2 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    Congratulations!
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

My PF9 fired one round pickup the next but the trigger was dead and the gun was locked tighter than a bank. Talked to Keltec they were no help took it back to my LGS and he said he would get me a new gun r give me my money back. I left with a Shield in 9mm and problems were solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    I put a shim under my back sight on my PF9 after bore sighting it in last winter. I took it out the other day for the first time since then and had trouble hitting the target. Today I thought I'd remove that shim and sight it back in. I loaded the batteries in the bore sight and they were dead, so I tried a few stores and they did not have them. I figured my LGS would have them for sure, so I went there. They didn't have them either, so I took home a M&P Shield.
    Those were some expensive batteries.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Just to further this thread a bit, I took my new M&P Shield to the range today just to see how it would run straight out of the box after cleaning & lube of course. Now bear in mind that my other gun, the PF9, was what I was used to shooting with. I could not believe the difference, the Shield was a dream to shoot and the first magazine all went in center mass. I even backed up another 10 feet with nearly the same results. I only took 100 rounds with me but that was enough to change my mind on which gun I'll be EDC with. It never had a glitch.

Distinguished Member
    Congrats! Good choice, tops a battery any day.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Electronics will always fail when you most need them...
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'll still get the batteries though, you never know when you might need a bore sighter. Now I have to buy some new holsters, only two fit the Shield.

Sponsored Links