Heir to Famous Fortune: RAPED His 3yr Old Daughter: No Jail Time; Just $4000 Fine :

Heir to Famous Fortune: RAPED His 3yr Old Daughter: No Jail Time; Just $4000 Fine :

This is a discussion on Heir to Famous Fortune: RAPED His 3yr Old Daughter: No Jail Time; Just $4000 Fine : within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Stay near your bathroom when reading in case of urge to vomit: I'm 66 and a big boy now, I know Justice is not always ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Heir to Famous Fortune: RAPED His 3yr Old Daughter: No Jail Time; Just $4000 Fine :

Stay near your bathroom when reading in case of urge to vomit: I'm 66 and a big boy now, I know Justice is not always blind to wealth and influence, race as well - but this is sinful.

Why is Heir Not in Jail for Child Rape?
    By Mel Robbins

Opinion: Why is heir not in jail for child rape? - CNN.com
    Last edited by detective; April 4th, 2014 at 11:33 AM.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Just as with the infamous case of "affluenza", it's pretty clear that the 1% aren't subject to the same laws as the rest of us.
    Jeanlouise, msgt/ret and Aceoky like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Just as with the infamous case of "affluenza", it's pretty clear that the 1% aren't subject to the same laws as the rest of us.
    How could the Judge DO that? Put him back in the house with the same 3yr old daughter - and around countless children! How can she sleep....

This is just outrageous - and hidden until the wife launched a Civil Suit.

This guy may just get Popped some day - this kind of crime and no repercussions for the Father-BabyDaughter-Raper can really light the fuse on the wrong person now that it's public. I'll only think the rest.....

You're right, it is outrageous. The thing that's even more outrageous is that I'm not even surprised anymore. Every time I see a wealthy person evade justice I'm angry but never surprised. I just expect it now.
    detective, msgt/ret and Aceoky like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    I would have no problem with a zero prison time sentence if he went from court to the gallows.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Where is the fallacy? Quite simply by what stretch of the imagination does anybody believe our concern should be with how he will fare in prison? I am concerned with treatment for his children and any other victims. If his fortune is insufficient to provide this treatment I am more than happy to have his body parts sold to cover costs.
    Jaeger, detective, Sister and 1 others like this.

Someone needs to treat him like a prison female canine.
    detective, msgt/ret and Phaedrus like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I wish that we had the death penalty for this guy!!!!
    detective and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    If I were his wife I'd kill him in his sleep. If there was ever a person who needed to be put down, it's him.
    BugDude, sabbath, RicT and 5 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

We no longer have a "Justice" system. We have a "Legal" system...and apparently if you have enough money you can influence the degree that legality is defined. The last I was aware, people were not intended to fare well in prison. They don't typically base punishment on how a person will fare, but when you're loaded I guess it's different.
    cn262, RicT, Sister and 1 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Now that I have the regurgatory flavor rinsed from my mouth...all I can say is WOW.. what was that judge thinking?
    detective likes this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

The judge gave no jail time because he would "not fare well in prison." I would certainly hope not. Doing something as heinous as what he did deserves everything he would likely get in prison. That sounds much more like justice to me. Stories like this are just sickening.
    detective and Aceoky like this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    The judge was worried how he would fare in prison..... Who cares? He should have thought about that before he molested his young daughter. I have to wonder if the judge would show so much leniency if it was her daughter that was being molested. I hardly doubt it.
    Parrisk, msgt/ret and detective like this.

There is more here than is being revealed. The prosecutor approved a sweetheart plea deal that the judge rubber stamped.

It gets even worse:. This scumbag admitted to raping his 19 month old son. He has never been charged with raping his son.

This one was hushed up by the prosecutor, judge and local media. This guy is the offspring of two prominent families. We learned about this baby raper only because his ex-wife sued his sorry butt in civil court.

The heir to the du Pont chemical fortune also admitted to sexually assaulting his infant son. He was initially charged with two counts of second-degree child rape, which would have carried a mandatory 20-year prison term if convicted. Richards—again, accused of raping two of his own children—was released on $60,000 bail and eventually copped a plea deal that involved him admitting he had abused his children, but receiving the lesser charge of fourth-degree rape. That felony can carry up to 15 years in prison, though it’s not unusual for those convicted to face lesser time.

A number of sources, including the chief prosecutor in the Delaware county where the case was tried, said they found the judge’s justification for waiving jail time—that Richards wouldn’t do well in prison—highly unusual. One defense lawyer gave the following assessment to The News Journal: “Who thrives in jail?”
    Du Pont Heir Gets No Prison Time for Raping 3-Year-Old Daughter | Vanity Fair

VIP Member
    I guess it depends on your interpretation of "faring well". For me, "faring well" would be him going to prison and being taken out the first night by the other prisoners.
    msgt/ret, OldVet and Aceoky like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links