Making things for your man cave or garage

This is a discussion on Making things for your man cave or garage within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It seems as a DC group we have a large variety of people here . I thought i would share some pictures of things we ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Making things for your man cave or garage

VIP Member

It seems as a DC group we have a large variety of people here . I thought i would share some pictures of things we have fabricated for our lunchroom at work . Maybe someone that has some room to showcase your collections or hobbies .

In the pics you will see what i like on the shelf i made with level and squares mounted to the wall
    And old pictures related to our trade
    Also a coat and hat rack with welding stingers when you squeeze the welding clamp you can put the bill of your hat in it and also hang your jacket .
    I also would like other people to show your ideas and possible pics. Work pics 04-04-14 043.JPGWork pics 04-04-14 045.JPGWork pics 04-04-14 050.JPGWork pics 04-04-14 048.JPGWork pics 04-04-14 049.JPGWork pics 04-04-14 046.JPG
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    I hesitate to put up photo's of my garage. Although I have built three very nice, sturdy work benches, you likely could not see them for the piles of clutter that have found thier way.
    fredg53 and welder516 like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Very creative !! I noticed that you did a good job getting the shelves very level.
    Xader, Sister, welder516 and 1 others like this.

Wow! Looks more like a diner with than a lunch room for a bunch of guys. Great job.
    Sister and welder516 like this.

All those Anvils up high. It's a cartoon scene waiting to happen!

It does look nice though!
    CanuckQue and welder516 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    You wouldn't like my "room" unless your a Penn State football fan, and the garage..... you'd have to be a junk yard fan.
    welder516 and Bama61 like this.

VIP Member
    I love going thru junk yards and picking thru flea markets like the one in Harpers Ferry .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Great looking break room, I love it.

The stainless door jamb needs a little aluminum caulk on the seams to dress it up
    welder516 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    my wife and I make ornamental art. We're taking orders!! LOL. we've sold a bit to our neighborhood but I'll never get rich selling art. we basically gave up and nowi occasionally do it for fun.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtisanWelding

Mr. Welder, you should go to this page and Look at the 100% stainless "First Flight" I hand fabbed. all those little pieces I ground by hand, and it has LED lighting in it too. You can also see the cool aluminum stroller I made for my twin boys. (the welds on the alum frame are pretty goober... first time running the spool gun for my MIG, I had to go back and fuse a lot of it with the TIG when I was done, still learning the abilities of the Spool Gun)
    welder516, Oldpsufan and WHEC724 like this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

VIP Member
    I love your room welder! That's a great collection and good way to display it. Have you ever read, "Atlas Shrugged"? You'd like all the steel/welding/smelting things that go on in it.

Dingbat...I "liked" your FB page. You and your wife do wonderful, creative work! I especially like this one: welding.jpg
    DingBat and welder516 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I love your room welder! That's a great collection and good way to display it. Have you ever read, "Atlas Shrugged"? You'd like all the steel/welding/smelting things that go on in it.

Dingbat...I "liked" your FB page. You and your wife do wonderful, creative work! I especially like this one: welding.jpg
    Thanks Jean. My wife made that one. She called it "The Apology". and the flowers are on springs so they bob and sway in the wind. She's made a bunch of those spring loaded flowers now, really, our biggest seller! People really like the propane cylinder bugs as well. I just finished a set of those as a matter of fact!
    welder516 and Jeanlouise like this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

VIP Member
    DingBat , I knew i would find people here that liked to use stuff a bit different as it was intended . The stuff you and your wife made looks cool . I have made a computer table that mounts to the wall that lags to the wall with no legs so the dust bunnies are easy to vacumn up .

Thank You JL , and i will goggle that book to see what it is all about .
    Thanks Stove , I need a good caulker for that i am horrible at that .
    DingBat likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

I knew there were creative people with tools on DC.

Third pic: so, what's "been impossible for countless centuries"?
    welder516 likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    You wouldn't like my "room" unless your a Penn State football fan, and the garage..... you'd have to be a junk yard fan.
    Same here with the junk room but of course my room runs crimson.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I knew there were creative people with tools on DC.

Third pic: so, what's "been impossible for countless centuries"?
    It is a ad for a company called Dietzgen it is about high rise buildings and the equipment and know how to put these buildings up . All the pictures posted are old , out of magazines .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links