I don't understand .

I don't understand .

This is a discussion on I don't understand . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been using this 1 Dell computer for years, sending thousands of E-mails, and it has never run out of INK! Even as I type ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I don't understand .

I don't understand .

I've been using this 1 Dell computer for years, sending thousands of E-mails, and it has never run out of INK! Even as I type this, the letters are as clear and black as new.
    Amazing ! What ? Never mind.
    oldnfat and Gearhead like this.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

It's as if my grandma were posting on DC...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N.M. Edmands View Post
    I've been using this 1 Dell computer for years, sending thousands of E-mails, and it has never run out of INK! Even as I type this, the letters are as clear and black as new.
    Mine does that every once and awhile. Then I clean my glasses and it's perfect again.
    Gearhead likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Ever wonder what happens to the dye in your clothes when they fade? These new computers actually replenish their supply by taking little bits from your clothes when you are using the computer.
    molleur and marcclarke like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I don't have a spell checker so I had to use white-out.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    New ink is downloaded with your Windows Updates, that is why they are so critical.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    My computer froze, and I was supposed to press the "any" key. Do I need a newer keyboard? I couldn't find the "any" key. Is it by the "alt"? Maybe it's because I have an Apple.
    Badey likes this.

OWS, I knew I could count on you for a serious answer, and that explains it. Thank you Sir!
    I still have a problem though, Windows support ends for XP in 3 days. Do you know how to refill a Dell manually ? I tried using ballpoint refills inserted thru the little holes on the back of my HP- that didn't work out as well as I hoped.
    Badey likes this.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Brad426[year?stage? wedge or hemi?] That was cold man!
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    OWS, I knew I could count on you for a serious answer, and that explains it. Thank you Sir!
    I still have a problem though, Windows support ends for XP in 3 days. Do you know how to refill a Dell manually ? I tried using ballpoint refills inserted thru the little holes on the back of my HP- that didn't work out as well as I hoped.
    Just pour it in through the fan vent. It will disperse properly.
    N.M. Edmands likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Since you are an XP user and Microsoft support will be ending in 3 days, you will either have to reload your system when the ink runs out (a new OS ALWAYS fresh ink) or get the ink through a third party download. After seeing your problem I worked up a quick install app that would install new ink on your computer as needed. The download is a reasonable $9.95 per download and should last 4-6 months depending on the amount of typing you do.
    N.M. Edmands likes this.

You !-You ! You didn't say I needed to shut this thing down! Bad idea- will the whiteout clear up my vision now?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Just pour it in through the fan vent. It will disperse properly.
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Since you are an XP user and Microsoft support will be ending in 3 days, you will either have to reload your system when the ink runs out (a new OS ALWAYS fresh ink) or get the ink through a third party download. After seeing your problem I worked up a quick install app that would install new ink on your computer as needed. The download is a reasonable $9.95 per download and should last 4-6 months depending on the amount of typing you do.
    I like to support those who support me, so if this download is through you ,I would like to contract you for 3 per year. Again I thank you for your help on this. OldVet should take a lesson from you.
    Yours with respect, Nat
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Just like how your printer tells you it's out of ink, but we all know there is still some left, you can trick your computer into thinking it has been refilled. Here's what you do.

Open MS Word. Click on the font colors tool. Select "more colors". Go to the "advanced settings" and select "refresh". This will let you continue typing for quite a while. Of course, you will have to do this for each color that runs low, but you normally run out of black first anyway. You will have to do this for each program you use; Excel, PowerPoint, Explorer...
    lionround and N.M. Edmands like this.

I like to support those who support me, so if this download is through you ,I would like to contract you for 3 per year. Again I thank you for your help on this. OldVet should take a lesson from you.
    Yours with respect, Nat
    Nat, just to make it easier on YOU. We can allow you to enter your credit card or bank information and autofill your computer ink with no intervention for you.
    N.M. Edmands likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links