Toys R Us Return Policy

Toys R Us Return Policy

This is a discussion on Toys R Us Return Policy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did anyone else get shafted this year by the new “customer friendly” no receipt, no exchange or return policy at Toys R Us this year? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toys R Us Return Policy

Angry Toys R Us Return Policy

Did anyone else get shafted this year by the new “customer friendly” no receipt, no exchange or return policy at Toys R Us this year? My son got a little racetrack that launches the cars around the track from an elderly relative of ours. The track was sent without a gift receipt, but toy was bought at the store because the relative told us where she bought it and it’s their brand of crappy toy. Anyway, one of the two launchers was dead out of the box. We tried to exchange the toy for the exact same thing, and Toys R Us would not even let us do that because we didn’t have a gift receipt. The lady at the counter told me to contact corporate. So I contacted corporate and they told me their policy is non-negotiable. So my son is stuck with a broken toy. I guess I learned to never buy anything at Toys R Us any more. Even though I hate Wal Mart with a passion, I know they'll at least take their crap products they sell back.

We try to never buy anything from TOYS R US for this reason and so many more. All of their stuff is over priced anyway.

You can trash Wal-Mart all you want but they at least have a pretty good return policy for their stuff.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    You can trash Wal-Mart all you want but they at least have a pretty good return policy for their stuff.
    Agreed, they will take their stuff back.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Go buy the kid a replacement durn it . ( then return the defective one for a CASH refund with the shiney fresh reciept )
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Why give the kids another toy that will keep them inside the house?
    Team WTFDTSG?

***** happens, it becomes the past. Live with it, learn from it and get on with it.

Ooooh

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Go buy the kid a replacement durn it . ( then return the defective one for a CASH refund with the shiney fresh reciept )
    Ah, very cunning indeed.

they closed ours last summer, so no loss there, but I agree go buy another one and return the defective one with the new receipt, done that my self for other things.
    Unfortunately most stores have had to go to this policy due to theft, N return for cash issues, it has hurt us all in every place of business, especially for those of us who can never remember what we did with our receipt or just thought what do I need this for and tossed it.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

hmm
    Last edited by Zundfolge; January 2nd, 2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: maybe I have Toys-R-Us confused with someone else

Guess that makes sense for why the Toys R Us stores are closing down all over the place. Most of their stuff was over priced anyways. I still wouldn't be able to get myself to go to Wal Mart though. I think that's when online shopping begins to look increasingly attractive.

My local Toys R Us bans guns, so they don't get my Money.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

I agree with you on the Toys R Us deal.....Just a side note " Costco " which im not sure is in all parts of the country has the BEST return policy ive ever seen....if its theres they take it back give cash right there.
    "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing."

Edmond Burke

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by devilmutt View Post
    My local Toys R Us bans guns, so they don't get my Money.
    Me too! IIRC, they had a fit about the NRA opening a resturant somewhere near one of their stores. Again, IIRC, they do not carry any kind of toy guns, water pistols included.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Me too! IIRC, they had a fit about the NRA opening a resturant somewhere near one of their stores. Again, IIRC, they do not carry any kind of toy guns, water pistols included.
    Must only be able to get them online then

Water guns
    Team WTFDTSG?

***** happens, it becomes the past. Live with it, learn from it and get on with it.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
    Must only be able to get them online then

Water guns
    I haven't been in a TRU for years and years. They may have revised their policy or it may have been just one store.

But it is my understanding that they are/were anti-gun and outspoken about it.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Now THATS a good idea!
    For God, Family and Country!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links